or Connect

Posts by cinema13

Mr. Roellen still mentions some issues. I did speak to a friend who was at CES and saw the Ultra-HD set and gave it good marks for depth but thumbs-down for pop-out, which he felt was better with glasses-3D. And of course, there is the software issue. Are the studios going to begin offering 4K, 3D discs? (Especially since there still isn't even one 4K 2D disc?) As Roellen mentioned, there isn't even a standard. And how much will those cost? And how will competing...
Ultra-D was what I was referring to and some were less impressed. In addition (and I may be wrong), it will appear on smaller (32") displays if it is seen this year at all. Also, for those considering GRAVITY via OnDemand, it is reportedly cropped.
Since the film had a 65mm Negative and was shot anamorphic (not Super35), it's not matted. So what you want is to have a lot of picture information eliminated just to fit a 16X9 tv screen. That would be a travesty, particularly for a movie with an expanse like this.
Easy one....16X9 Original and JUST SCAN. Reducing the black bars means you're either stretching the picture or zooming-in. Best to leave it as is and enjoy the complete experience.
No we aren't. Target has already officially stated that they will not be carrying any 4K sets. (however, they continue to carry 3D.) And there still are no BDs! At least 3D had software and other outlets to watch. ...4K has nothing but a Sony Media Player....yours for just an additional $500 - $600!!! Y'know, the CE Industry has to take the crown for the most incompetent marketing for the past 40 years. Going all the way back to laserdisc, they seem to think that if...
Unfortuantely, the majority of people out there don't follow the AVS boards. You are 100% right, of course. As most of us know, the studios make more money from downloads than from physical media (where they have to share with stores, distributors, etc.) and would like nothing more than the uncompetitive marketplace where they can charge what they want and keep it all. Personally, although I have CinemaNow, Vudu, OnDemand, Amazon, etc. etc., I never use hem to download...
Doubt we'll see that. I was hoping for an AVS review but I doubt we'll see that either. SO I went to Amazon hoping for some early opinions. (not that I trust their customers any more than AICN)A) The colors are bolder, the blacks are blacker and the overall balance issues of saturation and contrast has been almost eliminated. Sure there are a few cleanliness issues still left but it is a much nicer video and sound quality than the previous Blu Ray release. If you are a...
No big investment...the player was less than $100. And plenty more 3D discs on the way (and OnDemand). Just dislike watching some try to kill it.
I'm still hoping for a BD of SODOM & GOMORRAH. Now THAT'S a movie I'd like to see re-made. Instead, we get POMPEII.