or Connect

Posts by djtech2k

Thanks! I have been referred to the 4100 and 5100's. Which is a better choice or whats the difference? How is the experience with them compared to the Epson ones that come with it?
I am having an Epson 5020 installed today. This is my first projector, so I know nothing about calibration. I hear that it can make a major difference. Will I need a brand new projector calibrated? If so, how can it be done? I am just trying to figure out what kind of difference it makes and if I do need to do it, how can I get it done? Thanks!
I am looking for 3D glasses options for the 5020. The Epson version is model V12h548006 but they cost like $100 per pair. Does anyone know anywhere that may sell them cheaper or if there are any other options to use for the 5020?
Ok so the guy just sweetened the deal on the c4. He offered me the whole package plus a new android 7" tablet with the c4 software for a total of $850. Much better than before but still alot for a remote. I was all set to buy the harmony 1100, but now I am thinking. has anyone used the carada screens?
Ok, so I am really narrowing it down. I have a screen question.... A guy here at the forum highly recommended the Carada screens. Has anyone else had experience or compared them to others? As of now, I am leaning toward getting it. As for equipment, here is what I am thinking about ordering: Projector: Epson 5020 Screen: Carada ? Front L/R: MartinLogan Motion20 Front C: MartinLogan Motion6 Receiver: Pioneer VSX53 Bluray: Oppo BDP-103 Sub: MartinLogan...
Thanks for the replies. So what is the take on the 3020 projector? Is it no good? I mean their price is $1350, which I didn't think is bad. I saw a demo of it and it looked good. In that price range should I consider something else? My throw is limited to something around @10.5ft - 11ft. The install is a bit pricey, but I will say that it will not be an easy install. My room is finished with drywall and has a steel beam with duct work that crosses the middle of the...
So I have Magnolia come in and give me some recommendations and do a design for my media room that I want to build. The guys were cool and worked out a couple of different options, but here is the upper end proposal. I am looking for opinions on the equipment choice, price, or anything else relevant. This is a bit new to me, so I want to be sure I am doing the right thing for the right price before I make any big decisions. Total Cost: @$9700 Projector: Epson 3020 ...
Thanks. I am posting the proposal info in the appropriate forum for opinions.
UPDATE: So thanks to any of you that has contributed trying to help me with my media room build. I wanted to update this as I started the thread... I recently had a Magnolia person come do a design for me. I am working out a lot of details and will need more of you guys expert advice about the proposal, but I have decided against the plasma with soundbar scenario. I am working on the plan now, but my first attempt will be projector and 5.1. If it doesn't work/fit the...
I just got a design estimate from Magnolia to do my media room. I will be posting the details of it in another thread to figure out if its realistic or fluff, etc. The purpose of this thread is to get some expert opinions on screens. I know nothing about it, but I have read many things. The Magnolia guys tell me that a projector without a screen is blasphemy and that the quality difference is off the chart. For my room, they are recommending a Screen Innovations 100"...