or Connect

Posts by mimino

Hi folks, I've picked up a used Elan ZPower power controller for $20 and need some help with it. I wanted to use it just as a power filter/power switch, but apparently only two outlets are "Always On". There are 4 "Switched" when triggered, and 2 "Delayed" with 4 time settings. How do I use them? I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of device - never owned one. Can't even find a manual anywhere, not sure if it exists at all. Only found this description on vann's website:...
Charles, between SR5005 and AVR-891 which one would you prefer? Aside from video upscaling, how do they compare in audio? Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for all the feedback. I still have my old&trusty sr4002, really like the way the music tracks sound. Now it's between denon and marantz. Decisions...
Hi all, Looking for a suggestion as to which one of those I should get. They're all within my budget (300-400), Marantz and Denon can be had refurbished for around 380, while Pioneer brand new is 300. Marantz and Denon are probably in a different league than Pioneer? I'm not looking for anything fancy like 2-nd zone pre-amps etc. I have a pair of Energy CF-50's and yet to add another pair for 5.1 setup. I mainly watch movies but often like to listen to some flac's from...