or Connect

Posts by rg1234

Does it make a difference if I use 1.3 or 1.4 HDMI to connect my CT350? I know the 1.4 is required for 3D video, but does that matter at all for sound?
ok..so after weeks of lurking I finally pulled the trigger on a CT-350. It is now sitting in my living room and I need some help setting it up. I am an audio noob, so please bear with me, my questioin is what is the best way to set up my CT-350? Should I use HDMI or optical? Should I run things to the TV (a panasonic VT25) or directly to the CT-350 sub? I greatly appreciate any help. I have a panasonic BD-210 and a SAT box. Both of those are currently...
Hey Davyo, I am looking for a CT-350, yet the only one I can find is at the BB website for $400... Is there a big difference in performance between the CT-150 and CT-350?
Anyone had a chance to compare this to the JVC-BA1, or CT-150 and CT-350? Or any other soundbars for that matter...
This is a possibility, however, I heard the wireless rear speakers do not work very well. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, can you recommend any good wireless systems?
Hi AVS Forum!, I heard the Samsung HW-D450 soundbar at BB this weekend, and while I know in-store displays are not ideal testing grounds, the HW-D450 sounded pretty good compared to the others I heard (ct-150, one of the polks, and I thnk a bar from insignia) Does anyone have any experience with the HW-D450? Anyone know if Davyo has included it in one of his shoot outs (I thnik he is currently settled on the Vizio 510...or is it the BA1 or CT-350? ? Anyhow, I am...
The room is a little odd, in that it does not have four walls. If you are facing the TV there is no wall to the left. Aside from that, it is a 14x14 room, the TV is mounted on the east wall, seating is along the west and south wall, and there is no north wall. I do not have any particular preference on speaker size I suppose. My budget is to spend no more than $450 if possible. Once again, thank you and I appreciate the help.
Hi, I've been lurking on these forums for a few days and I was wondering if perhaps some of you could help me select my HT system. First, my limitations. We have a toddler running around so I think a wired 5.1/7.1 system is unfortunately out of the question. With that said, are there any decent 2.1 or 3.1 systems you can recommend? The less clutter and wires the better, since I also have to please the wife, but I also do not want a system that sounds like it is...