or Connect

Posts by underminded999

That is pretty cool!   I am surprised that it was not preformed outside, but with an 'A' shaped room, at least the Carbon Monoxide/Dioxide won't suffocate anybody.   I'll tell you what, if someone showed my school how do that, someone would burn their house down!
You want to keep the L&R speakers Symmetrical. Unless you can move the Left speaker an equal distance towards the left, then keep the Right speaker to the left of the Fireplace, not the far right.   IOW, keep it the way it is in the picture.
I have the same AVR, and LOVE IT! The only problem is no HDMI. I have been looking for an AVR to replace it, and cannot find one that even comes close. I am currently looking for a HDMI Switch that auto-detects signals and has both CoAx and Optical Out. As far as a sub goes. One of my first posts here was if I should get a Subwoofer. Most thought that I was Trolling for asking such a dumb question. The answer is YES! get a subwoofer. I have a set of White-Van special...
THX vs Dolby vs DTS has slightly different recommendations for positioning the surround speakers. Decide on codec, that you will most likely use, or split the differences. As for cutting holes, do that LAST! I recommend that you use ladders, boxes, friends holding up speakers, etc... to place them, listen, and then decide if it is a permanent type placement. I run 7.1 traditional as I do not have an AVR that has PLIIZ or DSX. However, my understanding was heights before...
I just posted this in a different thread, but it should be the same basic idea... ...NEVERMIND... It was to you, that I responded to in the other thread.
I'd go with that. The Side Surrounds and Back Surrounds, would be from the same brand of speakers, so the 'Tone' would be the same. Also, if you mount the Back Surrounds at the same height of the Side surrounds, then there would be less disruption of the soundstage when 'Flyovers' or bullets go whizzing past. Also, you would gain two Floorstanding speakers to use in Zone 2(if you have that feature), or to be used elsewhere in your house, or sold to re-coup some of the loss...
I don't know about your overhead inquiry. However, if you want to extract more channels using two AVR's, one would need Pre-outs/Multi-ins for the front height and/or wides to use PLIIZ.   So, assuming that AVR(s) have the necessary Pre-outs/Multi-inputs...   Hook up AVR 1 in a traditional 5.1 set up, a la => Left, Center, Right, Side Right, Side Left.sub(s).   Then run the additional pre-outs to AVR 2's multi-channel inputs, a la =>AVR1 Pre-Outs: Side Back Right,...
For my first few test recordings, the record function stopped once the signal completely dropped. This has lead me on a quest for a better Antenna. On the channels that rarely drop, I have had no issues with recording.   Since I have only had the unit for about a week, I am still in the experimental phase. However, I doubt that your issue is due to the size of the HD. BTW, how are the HD's formatted, i.e. FAT32 or NTFS?
Thanx! So I don't monopolize the thread, can anyone direct me to somwhere I can research more info on Antennas? Wiki, is a start, but not the easiest way to implement. I'm looking for reviews, research, possibly DIY, and generally a way for me to find out the best Antenna for my needs.
Pre-outs for Front Wides or Front Heights on an AVR that offers PLIIZ or DSX or Neo:X.   I know of no Surround Sound Processor that makes 7.1 into 9.1 or 11.1.   Back before Surround Sound was as readily available as today, there were processors that make 5.1(maybe 7.1) out of 2 Channel stereo sources.  One just ran the 2 channels through the processor and hooked up the 5 channel outputs.   However, since then AVR's have come set up with Surround Sound outputs, but...