or Connect

Posts by ljo000

Hi, I want to watch OTA TV through my Pioneer receiver. Bought a Media Sonic HW180STB and I can't get any HDMI signal through the receiver. Connecting the STB to the TV direct was fine and all HDMI ports are working on the pioneer (confirmed with a roku). On further investigation, it seems other have had the same problems with various Pioneer models. Does anyone know a ATSC tuner that is compatible? I tried updating the firmware but that hasn't helped. Thanks!
If your display is going wonky before the crash it could be a video card error. Do you have a discrete card installed? Check your temps under load and report back.
A quick google search shows other users have the same issue but rarely. It could be caused by PowerDVD and Windows 7 Aero. Try this fix from the cyberlink forum: 1. Go to settings --BluRay settings ----Advanced BluRay settings 2. Disable the Windows Aero option. From the website, this does the following: Windows Aero When playing Blu-ray Discs on a Windows 7/Vista computer, select the Windows Aero tab and then select Allow PowerDVD to automatically disable Windows Aero...
Yeah I meant a setting in PowerDVD. Does the issue affect both screens when you're playing BluRay?
Are any of your unencrypted channels 5.1? If so you could try recording and playing the .wtv file in VLC to see if you're getting the issue there as well. My guess is that you have a conflict somewhere due to this: Currently on CCC codec pack, tried shark007, Klite codec pack and also just ffdaudio with mpc-hc....
Check the options for screen settings. Maybe you have a preset on like 'cinematic' or something that's dimming the picture. Are you using a monitor or TV? The latter often has its own presets that could be causing the problem too.
Also, this may be a long shot but have you tested the speakers and the receiver channels to make sure they are all working? I had an issue with some voice parts not being heard and it turned out the wire had fallen out of one of the channels. Because its only certain segments of the audio track that's missing, its definitely either a speaker or surround setup issue. You should also post your HTPC equipment list and what software you're using. Does the issue only happen...
Hey! I just found this thread after browsing the home theater section for some time and I'd be interested in seeing some of the comparison photos between fiber optic and painted star ceilings.It looks like all the images that were in post #1 are not longer working. Ideally for my new basement theater, I'd like to create milky way view but I don't know what the best way of going about this would be. I was thinking of trying to create something like the top half of this...
For your needs, the cheapest option while not sacraficing quality will probably be Intel dual core with integrated GPU, H77 mobo, SSD for OS, 4GB RAM, 400w or less PSU, case (this is where the most cost variation is). - CPU: If you live near a microcenter, the G2020 is ($53 inc tax) which is a great deal. If not, newegg has a few lesser celerons for around the same price. - Mobo: Asrock H77M for (newegg $74 inc shipping) - SSD: around $80 for 120GB if you wait for a deal...
For SNES, PS1 and older, i3 will be fine. Emulators are much more CPU than GPU intensive and for older systems, its pretty low requirements either way. You can emulate SNES quite well on a 1st gen Playstation Portable from 2004. You should also be fine for N64 but I don't know about PS2.