or Connect

Posts by stwrt22

Have you see MGM's Blu-Ray of Scorsese's New York, New York ? If only it looked half as good as Color of Money.
In which universe is All the Pretty Horses an audience favorite ?
Getting fed up of having to grope from the box set the only Alien movie I like, so I've ordered a copy of the standalone Alien 3.
The menu is pretty good as well, like clicking through old family photos on an old projector.
Taxi Driver, GONY, Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island and Hugo all look pretty good, that's quite a haul.
With their hearing ?
Heavens Gate had a similar problem only it was even harder to hear what was being said by virtually everyone, makes you wonder if Cimino had some sort of hearing disability.
It is a dated master, probably the same as the (very) early DVD. Because it's a Cimino movie they were reluctant to spend any money in restoring it in any way, but someone has pointed out it's in the AFI's list of top 100 movies so they've been forced to try and clean it up a little. It doesn't look that bad, the DNR is nowhere near as ugly as it is on Patton and the first Gangs of New York pressing.
The thread is about the US Universal Blu-Ray, that is the one I was talking about.
There's much more grain in the HD-DVD, could be truer to the theatrical look than the Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray is a lot cleaner.