or Connect

Posts by Martycool007

I need some help with setting up my hardware to run REW so that I can take various measurements. I know that a USB mic and a laptop with an HDMI port is easy, but, I don't have those at my disposal. My computer only has a mic and headphone jack. I am confused about how to hook this stuff up, which cables go where, and what/how do I need to do the loop backs on?? Here is what I have to work with: 1. Dayton EMM-6 (mic-not calibrated) 2. Nady SMPS-1X (phantom power...
Can someone please help me with this?
Ok, thanks for the responses! Do you guys have any advise on how tall to make the riser? I had initially thought of building it say between 8" or 12", then building a stage for my screen & front LCR's to match the riser hight so as to get the speakers to ear level. Does that sound like a solid plan? My ceiling hight is fixed at 8ft, so with that in mind, how tall do you guys recommend that I make the riser & stage?
Hey guys, I am in need of some assistance on how to properly setup my equipment for taking measurements with REW. I have read through all of the various threads on HTShack & here at AVS, but, being that my hardware is older, I am having trouble figuring all of this out. Here is what I have as hardware: 1. Dayton EMM-6 (mic) 2. Nady Audio SMPS-1X (phantom power supply) 3. Behringer UCA-202 (not sure what to do with this?) 4. Dell PP04X (lap top) This older Dell laptop...
Does the AE TD6 make for use as a nice mid, compared to other high end mids from the likes of Seas, ScanSpeak, Acuton, ect...?
This is exactly what I was imagining last night while thinking about this. What would be a good size to use for the banding, then also for the joists? I don't have any specific hight limitations.I am still undecided on whether or not I want to build a stage that is higher than the floor, or have the speakers and screen at floor level. If I do end up building a stage, I am not sure how high to construct it, but, it would definitely give more flexibility to the hight of the...
Can you tell me a little bit more of how, and where to implement the rubber/neoprene blocks? Would they be a more practical solution in this situation?How do I calculate the resonate frequency of the riser, and then also the riser + passengers?
Interesting! What size cabinets do you run these PA-18's in? What kind of amp are you driving them with? How do you like them so far? They look like a nice & somewhat cheap way of providing some nice mid-bass!I have two JBL-2226's that are for mid-bass. I wonder how the Dayton PA-18 would compare to the 2226 for this purpose? I really want to do a Seos-15 plus duel 2226's in each LCR sometime soon, but, to do so, I would have to use the 2226's that are being used for...
Would it be possible to use a bump box on the input side of the MiniDsp in order to take the unbalanced signal from the AVR and run it into the bump box, then from the bump box to the MiniDsp via a balanced connection, then from the MiniDsp to the amps balanced inputs? Seems like this would eliminate some of these connection issues!
My advise is to go with the absolute best B&W center channel that you can possibly afford as they will all sound similar, and most of the content in movies are all sent through the center channel, making it the most important speaker in the entire setup! Don't stress over timbre matching and that sort of thing, the best thing to do is get the best center that you can afford!For the subs, don't ever mess with B&W subwoofers as they suck, especially considered to the newer...