or Connect

Posts by Martycool007

Hey guys, I am currently in the design phase of my new theater room, and I have some questions regarding the riser that I plan to build. My room is all concrete, the walls, and the floor. I plan to put up some Sheetrock and carpet, of course, but, I want that tactical sensation that I got from my subs in my old house that had a crawl space instead of a concrete slab! So my thoughts are to either; a.) build the riser with subs built into some place within the riser itself,...
Can you give us some details on the crossover? IIRC you are using the Seos-12 w/DNA360 & Celestion 15 crossed passively, then the UM15's crossed actively to those, right? If so, what are you using, hardware wise, as the active crossover for the UM's, &, how do you hook everything up so that the actively crossed UM15's and passively crossed DNA360/Celestion15 mate to each other?
I want a router table so bad, but damn! That Kreg 1040.is expensive! Too bad all the cheaper router tables that you can typically find at Lowes, Sears, and Hone Depot, all suck big time because they are ao small and flimsy!Perhaps I can find a decent existing DIY router table design that I can copy. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to build one.It appears that you could just build a base, then use a piece of MDF for the top part of the table, cut a hole for the...
I would definitely recommend using the 18" Dayton HO over the UM-15, and I would also highly recommend using a ported enclosure instead of a sealed enclosure, which is what Parts Express is selling. Do a search for the original MartySub thread. It has specific & easy to understand instructions on how to assemble the best enclosure for the Dayton HO18 using pre-cut "handy panels' from Home Depot. The only tools that you would need for this are a.) plunge router, b.) clamps,...
I am looking to do something that is kind of similar to the OP's, but, I don't want to hijack his thread with my questions so I will start a thread of my own.
Do you currently have any room treatments and/or have you EQ'd your JTR's at all? Tell us a little bit about your listening room and how you have the speakers placed. I would venture to say that adding some room treatments would most likely fix most of these short comings you are experiencing with your JTR's.I would start with treating the side walls first reflection points with 4" of OC703 and have them spaces 4" off the wall. Then you can do some similar panels on the...
So with regards to acoustic summing, you are saying that it would require running either; a.) full range LCR's, or b.) having something like a separate sub under each speaker, right? Ok so let's say you don't have any full range speakers, but, let's also say you have three different subs that you would like to position under your LCR's (in addition to separate, multiple 18" subs located throughout the room as well), in this situation, how would blend, crossover, hook up,...
Thanks for the reply Kevings! Can you explain to me how you go about adjusting the phase on a setup that uses an iNuke3000dsp or a balanced MiniDsp 2 by 4 with advanced plug in? My subs are DIY and their current amps do not have these options, but, I have a MiniDsp that I haven't messed with yet-it's still in the box. LOLNext, can you, or anyone else explain to measure with REW to see how everything looks in the time domain with regards to adding or subtracting delay? How...
Go with the iNuke3000dsp over the non-DSP amp with a MiniDsp. There is no point in adding another item to the signal chain and by going with an all in one unit such as the iNuke, you save in-necessary processing, less cables, easier gain matching, and no need to worry whether or not the MiniDsp will be compatible on the input & output sides of your AVR and/or amp. Much easier to go with the iNuke3000dsp, just be sure to pick up a quality mic!
I love this idea as I have been considering what do to about my situation. For me, my entire house, both interior & exterior walls, and slab all concrete. It was built in the 1960's as a tornado resistant home. Strange, I know! My situation is that I have currently have 3 LLT subs and there is absolutely zero tactical feel in the room. My solution that I am trying to work out is to start by building a riser, then perhaps adding some small 10" driver or something similar...