or Connect

Posts by Wattser93

So the brightness setting that affects black level doesn't matter? Even though the camera clearly noticed that the black wasn't as deep as it should have been (and less black than the ZT60 mind you), that's irrelevant? Just because a TV can have deeper blacks doesn't mean that the settings don't matter when evaluating black levels.Half of the posts bash CNET and the reviewer because "He's obviously biased if he rated it superior to the Kuro", a handful of posts state "The...
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1472715/value-electronics-flat-panel-shootout-crowns-samsung-f8500-king-of-hdtvHere's some excerpts from the thread. The Kuro was set to +2 brightness instead of +1 brightness for one of the days, and people still thought it had deeper blacks when the measuring equipment said otherwise. Confirmation bias at its finest...I'm still looking for the "hard facts" that the Kuro is superior. Prime Kuro versus new ZT60 and the Pannasonic measured equal or...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias If you think a Kuro is the holy grail of PQ, then no TV will ever top it in your eyes. Even if the Kuro was shown to be inferior in every way, people would continue to praise its superiority and claim that "The review samples were faulty". The Kuro is a great TV, but having sat on its throne for so many years now, it has a cult of followers that debate facts using their own opinions. "The ZT60 isn't as dark as my Kuro" is a...
I listen to quite a bit of music and will admit I can't tell the difference between 320kbps and FLAC, and often can't tell the difference between 192kbps and FLAC unless it's an album I'm very familiar with. Most of the time 128kbps sounds noticeably bad to me, but not always.I still prefer the highest quality they can provide. Even if I can't hear the increased resolution, I'd like to think it makes a difference.
If the speakers are set to large and "extra bass" is off, then the bass is being sent to the towers and not the sub. You can either turn on extra bass and have the towers and sub play the same bass, or you can set the towers to small and have the bass below the crossover frequency sent to the sub.
Streaming DVD well and streaming 1080P well have difference needs. One is 350K pixels, the other is 2 million pixels. Obviously 1080P requires more bandwidth to stream well than DVD. If I can't stream it in HD I won't bother streaming it at all because SD just looks terrible IMO.If you're okay with SD you don't need a 30Mbit connection, but if you insist on HD, 3Mbit won't cut it.
I'll try changing the quality on Monday when I'm back at his house. He was adamant that the quality doesn't get much better than what I was seeing, and what I saw was really disappointing.I only have 12Mbit at my house ($57 a month through U-Verse, it's ridiculous), so streaming isn't an option for me. With a family of phones and computers our connection is frequently less than 6Mbit when being used which makes streaming almost worthless. The alternative is Charter's...
Netflix needs to raise their quality a lot if they want my business. I tried watching Breaking Bad at a friends house on their PS3 with 30Mbit connection and the quality was painful. Netflix claimed it was HD but it looked worse than DVD. I thought about subscribing to Netflix until I saw the quality. Even South Park in "HD" was killed by compression. Animation like South Park's should lend itself to be more easily compressed than live action, but it was affected just as...
No such thing my friend.OP, makes sure to take lots of pictures. I'd go for the 21s.
That is 100% wrong.Horizontal center channels are designed as a compromise for those that can't accomodate 3 identical speakers up front.