or Connect

Posts by newbtoht

Hey, great thread. I've really been thinking about building a home theater pc but I have to admit, I don't really know a whole lot about what all is needed. I was hoping with your advice maybe I could just mirror what you have. Would you happen to have a list of the things you purchased for your home computer or was everything pictured earlier all you needed? Would you do or buy anything different if you did it all over again? Just looking from some freindly advice...
Thanks for the reply. Is any particular one better than the other?
Once again I turn to AVS for answers. I pose the following question which receiver would the HT enthusiasts AVS follower chose, the Yamaha or the Onkyo? Is the 709 really worth the extra money? Currently newegg has the Yamaha on sale for $399.99 while the 709 is $579.00. I could maybe wait and just save up the extra money for the 709 but the mad bargain shopper inside of me is really looking towards the Yamaha. I know its an older model but the features look very...
j-booker82- I was reading almost the same thing on another thread about going with the 709 if I wanted to add an amp at a later date. So i'm guessing the 609 doesn't have that capablity to add an outside amp? I thought I read somewhere it did, maybe not. The sub is defiantly a big part of my HT plans it was just the last thing I was looking at buying. But since I've read some of the other post my attention has turned to HSU subs, possibly the STF-2. Does anyone...
Thanks everyone for your replies. Enderland - Thanks for your replies as well. To answer your question my past experiences with speakers is really none. Everything I have put together is based on findings and reading here in the forum. Crutchfield ran a special about 3 months ago and if you spent $500.00 or more on Polk speakers than you got a free set of Atrium 5 outdoor speakers. Which works out great because I have an outdoor space I'm planning on putting them...
Hey everyone. I wanted to turn to the experts here at AVS to get some advise about a possible set up I'm looking at for my future HT. Like every newbie to HT's I began reading aim-sly looking at anything and everything home theater related. After months of debating back and forth I think I have made a decision about my set up and what speakers I'm wanting to go with. So this is what I'm looking at in regards to a 7.1: Fronts - Polk RTI A7's Center - Polk CSI...
Let me know how the 609 works out for you if you get it. That was the same exact set up I was looking at buying. I've heard nothing but good things about all of them.