or Connect

Posts by pittsoccer33

I use headphones with my HTPC all the time. Its fantastic for watching tv late at night or early in the morning. I also use them with my netbook when I'm traveling. I have my bluetooth audio device and SPDIF as active audio devices on my HTPC. The bluetooth is the default, so anytime I pair the headphones it takes precedence over my receiver. Theres no inconvience using a cord because there is no cord. I'm not inconviencing my neighbors because I'm not turning on a...
Digital cable (and ATSC broadcasts) use Dolby Digital as their audio codec. Depending on the channel/program it will be 5.1 or 2.0.
I do. An esata card has been on "the list" for a while, but this seems to be working well enough for me. The DVR records onto an internal drive. When I compress a recorded movie for archiving it gets moved to the external box.This is the caveat that no one ever uses when they say "but hard drive storage is so cheap now." A drive might be inexpensive on a per GB basis, but you still need to figure out where to put all those hard drives and how to connect them to your...
I have a 4 bay Mediasonic USB 2.0 box. I'm actually stuck using the USB connection and not the eSATA because my motherboard didn't support port multiplier (I was surprised that wasn't a defacto standard). Even so I can do two streams back and forth at once on 2.0. A third starts to slow the whole thing down. The quality of it seems pretty solid - definitely not a complaint there. The lights are extremely bright - and mine is stashed behind my media shelf.. A piece of...
I don't get the hate. Comcast has been my only (not sateliite) choice until just the last year or so when Verizon became a possiblity. I think if you talk to a human you can get decent pricing - right now I have all their channels (digital preferred) + HBO and 20mbps internet for $90 a month. The offer nearly every channel I personally could want and I rarely have a service drop out. I finally saw their X1 system in action recently. Someone who likes tinkering with...
I can vouch for those slower speeds. I have a newer AMD A10, at 1080p its around 20-30fps. 720p is around 60, 480p is well over 100. I'm usually detelecining/deinterlacing movies I record off cable back to 24fps H264.
Users set up to take advantage of Intel's Quick Snyc seem to be getting really high fps encoding speeds.
I think its just part of buying into the hype (real or personally perceived) of a movie. I happily admit to doing it. It's part of the fun of going to the movies. You see the teaser, then the posters at the cinema, after that comes the Super Bowl trailer, you read some production news, see another trailer, then the TV spots, you notice the actors doing tv promos, the magazine covers, etc etc.Then all your friends see it and want to talk about it. Its just part of the...
I'm thinking that this could definitely be the area you're in. If you're going to a suburban mall theater there will be way more teens and tweens.Of the two theaters I go to most often one doesnt let kids in after 8pm (unless with their parent) and one is in an area full of young professionals and college kids who aren't likely to be causing a scene.
A lot of people are complaining about picture quality. What is it you're seeing (or not seeing)? These projectors cost what, $100,000+? And god knows what the screens cost. I know a few forum members have that kind of commercial or prosumer gear but I bet most others are definitely in the