or Connect

Posts by pittsoccer33

@jhughy2010 you are doing what is called compressing or re-encoding. You are taking your disc and fundamentally altering the audio and video streams to create completely new ones. Thats probably where that logo came from - when the program started writing a new highly compressed video track it added that into it. It's been a long while since I used DVDFab but at the time the preset to get an untouched MKV file was called MKV Remux (I think). I know there is a place...
I think you will find a lot of what you're looking for in the HTPC forum. I use a cablecard with my HTPC, and it definitely does record. You're a bit mistaken about exactly how those "flags" work. There are a few levels of flags which are set by your cable provider. Comcast and Verizon are the most permissive, so you're set there as a Comcast customer. -Copy Freely. This is your local channels (the ones you can get OTA). On Comcast and Verizon it extends to almost...
I guess it depends on how you want to use it. It sounds like your cable tv is competely separate, so no sense worrying about that. You will probably have to transcode a lot for the Roku. Depending on how you have your movies archived you might need to transcode everything. It won't accept DVDs (MPEG2) or higher bitrate bluray discs. I'm not sure whether or not it does the VC1 video on most Warner Bros discs. I also don't think it does HD audio. Fast forwarding and...
eh, ill wait till black friday
I'd like to find a product similar to the Beats Pill - smallish with a rechargable battery. Bluetooth would be cool but not totally necessary. This will be mainly used for tailgating, picnics, the beach, etc. Something loud enough to hear with a crowd that won't distort. "Brand name" products like the Pill and the Jawbone Jambox look really expensive for their size. I'm imagining these things sounding like a pair of cheap sub-less computer speakers. Has anyone bought...
There are a few reasons this wont happen. For starters, it runs on a Cortex A9, which is ARM based. You won't be able to get Windows/Windows Media Center onto this thing.You might be able to get live tv into it, but not via WMC.
Whats wrong with the Plex client as a player? I'm legitimately asking since I really don't know. I assumed it would have been roughly equal to XBMC, WMC, etc for playing unaltered video and audio.The real bonus with Plex beyond the easy set up is that if you DO have upstream bandwidth issues the software can automagically compress on the fly to fit over the connection. That would definitely affect the quality though.
What I did when I created a new computer with a solid state drive was to create a backup image of the drive AFTER installing all my programs. I set up WMC, Shark007, Media Browser, Arcsoft TMT5, My Channel Logos, etc, and THEN created the image. That way when/if I want to do a "clean" install I have everything already set up. Its much faster.
Happy owner of a Linksys DMA2100 and a 360 here.
Bay didin't direct it. Jonathan Liebesman (Battle LA and Wrath of the Titans) did. I was about five when the tv show hit so I was as big a Turtle fan as they came (at least among children in the late 1980s who liked cartoons and action figures). In retrospect as an adult the first movie (which I didn't like as much as a kid) holds up ok. I loved the second movie at the time but its obvious that was turned into a live action cartoon after the line become popular with...