or Connect

Posts by pittsoccer33

I imagine you're familiar with Video Redo already. I think it's great. I won't do on the fly commercial skipping but I think its great for permanently editing files. During hockey season when I subscribe to cable I record a lot of movies off of TCM and Encore. I use it to clip the previews from the beginning and end of the movies. Also TCM here for some reason sends a signal that presumes you have overscanning set on your television. Since I have everything set to do...
The whole concept of the Xbox One, and the origin of it's name, is to be on HDMI input #1 on every tv. Most houses probably have their cable boxes there, or if not their bluray player. They want this box to be your go-to source for all media which is kind of the reason most htpc users have one in the first place.
This is exactly why I would want to build one - that way you know what it can do and what it can play. But I definitely understand that many people don't have the interest or time to do that..I really considered buying the Zotac Zbox that looks like a DVD player. Around Christmas they were selling for around $175 INCLUDING a slim bluray drive and a solid state drive. Pretty amazing deal if you think about it. Before I got around to figuring out how I'd store my media...
If you do please let me know. I'd love to buy more games like Call of Duty for PC instead of 360. It's not even so much about graphics given that I'm using a Trinity A10 - I just love the idea of the all in one box and being able to launch games from the main home theater front end.
I don't feel like many of the original movies from the last few years were that memorable. For a movie to be a big hit you need great characters, a great adventure, a little bit of humor, and a lot of heart. Thats the reason older films that people love endure. You don't need the world ending or aliens to do it. Inception had great buzz in 2010 when it came out. It had a great mix of interesting characters, an awesome story concept, and some effects that you've never...
After not owning a console and only playing a few pc games for years I bought a 360 solely to be a Windows Media Center extender. Now I have about 10 games for it. Seeing Wreck It Ralph really inspired me to get back into some of the Atari and NES games we had in the house growing up so over the winter I set up the Media Browser plugin Game Browser to launch emulators and I use a Wiimote via bluetooth. I love it.
Your vob files will definitely work if you just want to move them over. MKV is the most popular accepted format right now though which will give you a lot of flexibility. The only other thing I would suggest thinking about is wtv. This is Microsoft's implementation of an MPEG transport stream container (which is kind of what VOB is as well). When you record inside WMC it produces wtv files of the recordings. It can hold MPEG2 - the DVD standard video codec and AC3 -...
Building isn't bad if you've worked in a PC before - adding a hard drive, changing a video card, upgrading ram, installing Windows. Stuff to give you the confidence to put the entire thing together. It's not hard but it could definitely be intimidating to someone who's never been inside a PC case before - especially connecting the various case wires and jumpers to the motherboard, then trying to boot from the correct place. It's kind of like saying it's not too hard to...
They're $700 and come with ten movies
My original point was not at all talking about people reading this forum who built their own computers - you might be, I wasn't. I was talking about the ultra high end - the ones running Lumagen Radiance processors and buying AudioQuest HDMI cords - they're not only trying to squeeze every last bit of performance but also want turn key systems that offer reliability higher than a PC. Doctors, corporate executives, pro athletes, Hollywood types - people without time or...