or Connect

Posts by DrGerm

As an aside, I did have to send my unit in a few months ago for a problem (the no audio out and some settings greyed out problem); at least Onkyo covered it out of warranty, I just had to pay for shipping and wait for a month..
Hello: I kinda know the answer to this question (set them both up and listen and compare), but I'm looking for any other advice because it won't be as easy as I had originally hoped: BACKGROUND I just had someone set up a multi-source/multi-zone audio/video setup with 8 video inputs/8 video outputs. I have a centralized location with the rack for all this (plus a ton more) and for the future use in a large dedicated theater room. For my 'main' entertainment room (for...
My problem with updating firmware was WAF related; my wife kept getting the pop up to update firmware on the TV she used to use in the bedroom and so she clicked "OK" because I used to preach to always update everything. In that particular update, it totally changed the UI for everything I had spent days training her how to use (streaming movies, etc.) She was not happy and now has kicked me out of my "man cave" to use my easier to use AV set up... seriously, I rarely get...
These are the component inputs that I'm using (I've tried both).So what you're saying is you can only get one or the other (either what's assigned to the component input OR the ARC channel) but no way possible to get both working at the same time? Thanks!
I'm having trouble setting this up. I have a device (a Nintendo Wii if that matters) connected to Component (tried both 1 & 2) with the analog audio to TV/CD. In Setup -> Input/Output Assign -> Component Video Input -> TV/CD -> I've tried both "IN1" and "IN2" I have the Video out through HDMI to a Samsung UN60D8000 to the ARC HDMI in and the ARC turned on. Here is my problem: When I set the NR-708 to TV/CD, I ONLY get audio from the component device when...
I've got multiple Directv boxes, some older HD (H21-200) receivers and then I was just given some newer ones (H25-500). I have to send some back and trying to decide which ones to keep. Specifically I have one situation I want to describe. I am going to use at least one set top box to play through a Hauppage HD PVR (or other similar devices in the future) and had intended to connect via Component Video in and Optical Audio in. HERE is my problem: The H21-200 has...
This is the driver I used since I just received an HD PVR. Using with the Windows Media Center 7 setup. I'm a novice at this so far, still exploring, but it seems to work fine with component inputs and optical audio. I just have problems getting the blaster to work with my Directv box, but I think this isn't related to the driver you're referring to. I have not installed/used the Total Media Extreme; only using through WMC7.
I have an HTPC with a Hauppage HD PVR connected with the included IR blaster attached to a Directv H21-200 (HD Receiver). I configured the blastcfg program by using the learning feature for using the Directv remote. When using Windows Media Center, however, I can't change the channels appropriately. I am quite sure it has something to do with the settings in blastcfg (Blaster Configuration), but just can't figure this out Any ideas what to put into the following...
LOL, yes Thanks for that info, was exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate your confirming my suspicions!Great, that might do the trick for my situation. I have to wait to get back into this house (that we haven't closed on yet) to re-measure the room and see what's going to work. This situation made me think of a variation of something that's been said before: "As you know, you build a home theater in the room your wife gives you, not in the room you might want...
I intend to spend ~$1,500 - $2,000 for 7 speakers (not including sub, which I have one already). I have considered only setting up 5.1 for now and then buying/installing the 2 rear speakers later.I am reading about sound bars now. Definitely a lot more for me to research. But I wonder if there is a high quality sound bar that would double (triple?) as both the front speaker and both fronts?