or Connect

Posts by Mikey1969

Yeah, that was the idea I was truing to get across i my post. Clear Channel=bad radio. I'm not sure why anyone would 'miss' having those crappy stations.
Why is it weird? Clear Channel is the epitome of everything that is wrong with American radio today. As much as Sirius has a preset format, they don't go with the ridiculous 'microwave rotation' of playing songs over and over(And over) all day long, all sandwiched in between 20 minute commercial breaks. Not only does Clear Channel suck, but I can't escape them. The only thing I really admired Bush for doing was stoppin g the further consolidation of media ownership. CC...
Why in God's name would you want a Clear Channel station on your satellite radio? I specifically got SIrius so that I wouldn't have to ever listen to a clear channels station again, I'm just confused as to why someone would miss any of their crappy cookie cutter format.
The radio has a nique ID that is tied to the subscription. It's like a 12 digit or so alphanumeric number(Can't remember how big, exactly, and I'm not near my radio). You should be able to call up Sirius customer support with this number and get info on the subscription. I haven't had much luck with asking much more detailed questions from their tech support. I haven't even been able to get a straight answer about them discontinuing the Sirius models in favor of XM, but I...
Pre-merger, I LOVED the Punk station on Sirius, it and Boneyard(Or whatever they called it at the time) were my two most favorite channels, throw a little Underground Garage in, and that was almost my entire day. Then the merger comes, and I'm stuck with Faction as a replacement to the Punk station, what a piece of garbage, it's a metal station with rap, and every once in awhile a punk song thrown in, this is NOT the same as a dedicated punk rock station, and even a...
Really? That's your rebuttal? You obviously missed the point here.
This is my second Sportster to have this issue, I have absolutely NO interest in NASCAR, yet every time there is a race, I get the stupid sports ticker at the bottom of my screen. I have checked multiple times, and the only notification I have turned on is for NFL, and only for one team. Does Sirius have some kind of sweetheart deal with NASCAR where they are basically shilling for them by forcing the ticker on any time there is a race? Considering my luck with Sirius...
I agree with the posts here, Sirius products are disappearing fast, although they seem to have resurfaced recently. I was using my wife's radio for awhile and re-bought my Sportster 5 after it broke. I had to really search until I found one. Finally I found one on buy.com. At the time, Best Buy ONLY had XM radios, except for one P.O.S. Starmate model(Can't remember what model it was), the rep said they couldn't remember the last time they had Sirius products in stock, and...