or Connect

Posts by cbrian3

Very good input from all of you- thanks... Although I'll be loosing my MTV, Versus channel, VH1 & Sci-Fi, doesn't Hulu or some similiar companies rebroadcast what was aired recently? I'm begining to think the sattelite and cable companies are completely unnecessary when I can wire my PC to my 55" and watch rebroadcasted shows from the web. Any reccomendations on that?
I've often thought about cancelling my Comcast service - and often wondered how good the OTA signal is. I don't even know how to go about getting OTA signal. I'm sure I need to buy a box or something? How many channels can expect to get from it? Is it possible to hook up a Tivo so I can record my weekly fav shows?
I'm not sure exactly what "pass through" means - but I originally purchased that vizio 55" 3d LED tv and later returned it back to costco. I ran all my hdmi cables to the tv - and ran a single optical cable to my Sony receiver. So I'm assuming Vizio uses "pass through"? Does anyone know of any other TV's that work like the vizio? - where I run everything to the TV and send one optical audio cable to my receiver?
Thanks for the response. Why would a TV downsample a signal rather than leave it as is? - or a better question - should I just simply return this LG and go with a different brand, or will other brands do the same thing? What is the service tech that LG is sending out going to do to my TV that will keep it from downsampling? What is HDMI switching and 3d passthrough support?
Hi everyone. I'm having a frusterating experience with my LG 55LW5700. I've had it for a week now (purchased at cosco) and for the life of me can't get it to output in 5.1 digital surround to my Sony Stereo. Here's some background info... - Using HDMI cable from my comcast cable box to TV - Using HDMI cable from my XBOX 360 to TV - using OPTICAL output cable to my SONY Receiver. - TV speakers set to OFF (which greys out all audio adjustments for tv) - If i use...
Hi everyone. I'm having a frusterating experience with my LG 55LW5700. I've had it for a week now (purchased at cosco) and for the life of me can't get it to output in 5.1 digital surround to my Sony Stereo. Here's some background info... - Using HDMI cable from my comcast cable box to TV - Using HDMI cable from my XBOX 360 to TV - using OPTICAL output cable to my SONY Receiver. - TV speakers set to OFF (which greys out all audio adjustments for tv) - If i use...