or Connect

Posts by slider2828

Totally agree with you... That is why I said don't buy it. Their 790 is terrible. Their 5100 I don't care because I can't trust the quality of Sony on this stuff. Elite is more the ES line not their anything non-ES Hence like I said I bought the Oppo 103.
DON'T GET A SONY BLU-RAY player Period! Trust me it was hard because I also have an XBR46HX959 TV.I had the flagship Sony bdp-s790... ITS a POS. If you want to get some Sony Blu Ray Player, you gotta go their elite players, else its junk.Broke after 1.5 years. Started intermittent problems after 9 months. I watch my blu-ray maybe 1 or 2 times a month and that thing is dead now.That POS doesn't load the movie and doesn't even want to eject the movie until I pull the plug, I...
Audio lag is so subjective... If you really need to gauge, should run it through a new generation receiver that has automatic audio sync.... otherwise its a guessing game.
Best deal is to call JR.com and get a Denon 1712 on closeout for 299 free shipping + tax.... you have to call them and ask if they can do it for that price and they will say yes...
Hey guys just looking back at the last 20-30 pages, I didn't find the answer so maybe someone here can help. I just got a AVR1712.... Question 1. I have a Velodyne Sub hooked up to the subwoofer pre-out on the back. My velodyne has 2 knobs, one for freq and one for volume. When I do the Audyssey Setup, I turned the Freq knob to 150, and the volume to 1/2, but Audyssey can't pick up the sub. I have to turn the volume to 100%. Any help? Question 2. I hooked up my Wii RCA...
Its not bad at all... but definitely its there.... depends on what you are viewing but on BD's I don't notice and watch off axis all the time... Its just a little faded, but there isn't a noticeable bleed at least for me.
I am beginning to think its an artistic thing. I watched it in the movie theatre in 3d and I vaguely remember it being of the same brightness....
darn its different.... booo even paid for the collectors edition.... need a refund :'(
I am going to check that out tonight!!... I am not sure but did you guys get the collectors edition or just the 3d version.... I wonder if it makes a difference? I actually sprung for the collectors edition.... Feedback would help.
Just to update this review a little.... I personally don't care too much of the story line, but the 3d video is really the best I have seen.... I think its very close to the IMAX Hubble Telescope, but with obviously a lot more detail. The 3d was very very smooth offering very little ghosting and the colors just are amazing.... So far I would like to say imho, this is like the 3d reference for at home 3d. Definitely very very good... Other movies I have seen on the...