or Connect

Posts by andyVE

Man...have one on order since 7/1 and again got a message it is delayed (europe). New date is 28/2. :'( This will be my first projector and am eager to see the result. Already installed an electric 1,2 gain 86" screen since I had time on hand (not much space left for a larger one) Small question though...with no lens shift it is already diplaying the image 10% above the projector (table mount), and you can shift it another 10% higher (height of the image) right? That...
I'll keep my eyes on the sharp. :-) Screen would be around 100-110. So this will compensate for the ambient light if I look at most calculations. What about the Sharp XV-Z17000? Seems to fall in the same price category around here. again...thanks for giving me all the good advice.
thanks for the quick reply. Will have a look at the sharp. But am afraid it is over my budget around here. onther option is the Benq W7000, but low lamp life is a bit of a downer (also the noise level). Black level is also not "great" it seems.
and what about the color degradation and pixel shift? Is that something to 'worry' about if you plan to use the projector a lot when it is an LCD? Would not like it that the panels are faded after 3 years of use or so. If that can be the case I would rather trade in some extra lumens and go with DLP. But if these issues are no longer something to worry about LCD would be a better option for using it in a room with ambient light.
Hi All, Plan to buy a projector in a couple of months. Already am looking to buy one for quite some time but it never happend. One of the reasons beeing is that I will probably will use it instead of my TV, so that means almost 5 hours a day during the week and even more in the weekend. Another issue is that it is impossible for me to have a dedicated room for it. So it cannot be pitch black (for sure not when it is still light outside) and will have some ambient...
Hi All, Plan to buy a projector in a couple of months. Already am looking to buy one for quite some time but it never happend. One of the reasons beeing is that I will probably will use it instead of my TV, so that means almost 5 hours a day during the week and even more in the weekend. Another issue is that it is impossible for me to have a dedicated room for it. So it cannot be pitch black (for sure not when it is still light outside) and will have some ambient...
Would like to buy an HD beamer. Mainly for watching 2D BHD movies and gaming. Budget would be around (or just below) 2633 USD. Room is not that big (5x8 meters) but can not make it completely dark. So was wondering about: - Espon EH-TW6000 - Sony VPL HW20 - optoma HD33 Am wondering how the older Sony VPL HW20 would compete with the new Espon? Guess the SXRD technology should still beat the LCD from Espon regarding black levels, or did they improve so...
What about the new Epson Home Cinema 5010 ? Do not now what the price will be here. But guess at least 500EUR lower compared to the DLA X3
thanks all for the reactions (so far). I do not have a screen (except for a very old projection screen for slides +30 years or so...not from my generation). So all options and advice is welcome. What is the negative point about gain screens? Did not focus on the screen so far. Am going to try if I can still find a DLA 250 in my country. The 350 and up I can still find, but the 250 seems to be rare (for sure in the online adds from those stores...didn't find any...
The wey the JVC (250 / 550 / x3) works is really appealing to me. Am just wondering if the light output is good enough for usage in a room that can be darkened but not "pitch" black (mainly for watching movies and lesser degree of gaming).