or Connect

Posts by Gorilla83

A few steps closer to "production mode" - Got the machine set up, wired, and initial calibrations done. Still figuring out the speed control using this Variable frequency drive and in the process of plumbing and setting up this vacuum table. Not that exciting, but we have movement! A few observations: Everything seems to be super smooth and this machine has some serious power. I won't utilize most of the power of the spindle (5HP three phase!) or the drives, but...
I saw that 215 picture last night on Jeff's page and had to giggle. Love it!
UFO - Bummer about the lack of back veneer with your mounting situation, but like the others said I'm sure Jeff will take care of it. With that said, have you had any time to listen/play with the S2s? You have been subless for a while now, so I'm sure you have been craving some LFE.
I use the Eurekazone "EZ" track setup. I have several of their products including two of the 54" tracks, the "EZ-ONE" powerbench, the UEG (Ultimate edge guide), square, repeaters, etc. You can use your existing circ saw with the setup which is a big plus. They have LOTS of cool stuff - and often they have sales on ebay.BTW I use the Makita 5008 with mine, awesome which is light for it's size and has an electric brake which is a must IMO for a track...
Good stuff. To be honest I've used my track setup 10:1 vs. my table saw. I'm thinking about keeping my table saw at my dad's place now - it takes up valuable space in the shop now.
If we did build an array of G-horns, they would need to be built/assembled in my back yard. Those things are massive, I could probably only fit 2 in the shop at a time to build. Funny enough I used Roxul for the walls and the room is substantially quieter since I've done that. It was done initially for thermal help, but the 'deadness' of the room was a welcomed side effect!Got to have good sound covered all over the place, right? I have a basic setup in the shop for now...
Next GTG = DIY workshop??
Don't get me wrong, I love my track saw! If I need to do a quick rip or cross cut that's my go-to tool. Which did you get?Thanks, Mr. B!
Haha, a few years back I would'nt have had a clue either. It's silly to think how quickly all this stuff has come to fruition.Mostly hobby, although I've been chatting with some local guys who may want me to do some prototype/light production work for them. We'll see how everything works out once I'm up, running, and calibrated. It isn't small, that's for sure, It consumes the first half of the shop almost entirely - leaving just 2 feet around the workbench. I love...
Well someone is slightly excited. My new (to me) machine arrived this weekend, albeit in a bunch of assemblies and piles of parts. I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday with a helper each time to carry the components down to the shed, organize, and start building. It took a good 8 hours to build out the table, square, and level everything. It's pretty much spot on now, and the X/Y gantry glides fantastic! The motors are now attached, but may need some slight...