or Connect

Posts by Alexander63

I treated a WD 1 TB drive as instructed in this thread and it has been working perfectly in my DVR for about a year. We rarely get over 40% percent full (even with 44 episodes of Duck Dynasty, 2 seasons of Girls (don't ask), and hours and hours of sports. I would like to upgrade to the X1 DVR with its 5 tuners but it only has a 500 GB drive, and that is just not enough storage. I realize the X2 will use cloud storage, but that may be a ways off. Has anyone tried a modified...
Here is the site mentioned above: http://hdtvsales.ca/home.php?cat=338 They sell a 1 TB for $135 plus shipping (comes with the bit and 2 security tabs). They also have a 500 MB for $85, and a 320 for $50. Models supported: Motorola DCT3412 Motorola DCT3416 Motorola DCT6416 (Phase III) Motorola DCT6412 (Phase III) Motorola QIP6416 Motorola DCH6416 Motorola DCH3416 Motorola DCX3400 Of course, you can still get a 1 TB WD10EARS for $84 from Amazon (incl shipping) and do it...
Tluxon: The technician Comcast sent out to add Voice to our cable service suggested installing a 1 TB drive in the DVR. He said it was pretty easy and I could get directions on the internet. That doesn't mean it is Comcast policy to encourage this, but I think it unlikely that Comcast is doing anything about it at present. As easy as the directions are to follow for us geeks, I think few people would attempt it. What does it hurt if a few folks increase their storage...
Hi Terraphantum. I recently upgraded a DCH3416 with the WD10EARS. The security tabs cost $34 with shipping, which seems a bit much for a little piece of plastic. PM me and I'll help you out. I was concerned about buying the 4.5 mm tool because a 4.5 mm socket is way too big; however, the 4.5 mm gamebit is just the right size. Also, the Unix command line gave a file or folder not found error for MotoSTB_1TB.bz2 so I renamed the file something simpler and it worked. Probably...