or Connect

Posts by WACO

If you're looking for DLP Link glasses, I would strongly recommend the True Depth 3D. Ultra Clears are the exact same thing as the older model True Depth's, but the new Rechargeable True Depth's are superior, and it doesn't look like Ultra Clear has updated theirs yet. Try 3DProStore.com, they always have cheaper prices and great customer service from Dann.
I'm only 28 and I learned years ago that people become stuck in their ways and beliefs at a very early age. It's not a disease that strikes only the elderly. People are just afraid of change and instinctively reject anything different. Roger Ebert I feel has become a prime example with his constant mention of his dislike for 3D in every single 3D film review he writes. I make a conscience effort to embrace change and new technology and am very excited to see what the near...
The only thing that bugged me about my Optoma ZD201's is that they don't come with any storage pouch or cleaning cloth, so I had to find one and found the absolute perfect hard storage case and cleaning cloth for any Active 3D Glasses. They're sold on Amazon for $9.99 and are Prime eligible, so free shipping if you have it. I just got mine and it's exactly what I wanted. It's a very sturdy semi-hard (can't step on it) case with zipper that comes with a very nice cleaning...
They do, but the reason I personally had to return them (I had the 1st gen True Depth 3D DLP Link glasses that are the exact same thing) was because the arms; while foldable, were extremely flimsy and felt cheap. I complained about the Optoma ZD101's being too tight, but the Ultra-Clear DLP-LINK's were way too loose. They did not hold on to the sides of your head whatsoever and would immediately fall off when looking down, and I have a big head. Also, they didn't have...
Ya, you have pretty much the same set-up as I do then, trust me you'll be fine. If you had a 100" screen at 8 feet I would maybe say then that you might start having to tilt your head a bit, but at 65" from around 8 feet, your'e gold. I did have the XPands and the lenses were actually pretty similar in size. Now that I think about it, the lenses on the ZD201's are probably most similar to the ones that come on the Mitsubishi 3Dc-1000 starter kit, if you're familiar with...
Just throwin in my two cents also. I have a 60" Mitsubishi DLP and watch from about 8 feet away and the lenses are big enough to easily cover the entire viewing area of the screen. I don't have to look down or tilt my head up at all. Not even close
Just try and watch an entire movie with the ZD101's. At first they feel fine- It was only after an hour of wearing them that I noticed how much they were digging into the sides of my head, and the pain became close to unbearable towards the end.
As far as glare is concerned, the ZD201's have virtually no glare, you'll be pleased I'm sure. I actually have not tried the RF glasses, and don't really plan on it. I'm very happy with my Optoma's and True Depth's and don't see any reason to continue my search. I knew about them, but right now there are just too few options available and too many unknowns and lack of information/reviews for me to consider them. However, I do like the concept and they could be something...
They have both. You can press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn them off automatically or you can just put them away and they will turn off soon after the signal is lost
Well the black spots I have definitely not noticed, the picture has always been virtually flawless for me. Contrast is really good, the blacks get really black, and whatever moments of grayish/black I noticed happened to just be a result of the video itself, because I tested the image in 2D also and looked pretty much the same. The lenses are probably some of the most neutral in color that I've seen and will definitely not give off a greenish tint when watching 3D....