or Connect

Posts by leroyvegas

Still new to a lot of the basics, but I am including a Whole House Audio system (HTDs Lync6) as part of a new home construction project. Going to be used for basic music listening (parties, etc.) and doesn't need to be high end sound or critical listening. Question on in-ceiling speakers to use. I will have about 10 pairs in my initial installation. HTD offers their MP-R65 in-ceiling speakers for $71/pair which I've seen decent reviews on from other forums. Also...
As part of a new home construction I have an area in the basement that will serve multi-purposes... - Place for my kids Wii (or some future video game console) - Golf simulator (driven from a gaming computer) - Extra screen for Sunday football (via a DirecTV receiver) I will use a ceiling projector (probably Epson 8350) for the video display for all three of these units and would like to incorp two in-ceiling speakers for audio. Don't need sourround or anything...
Thanks. The MPS4 looks really cool but is a little pricey compared to just plugging a Sonos ZP90 into my WHA as a source. I'm really most interested in being able to play music from my iTunes library, XM Radio Online, and Pandora with the ability to listen to different songs in each zone simultaneously. (i.e. listen to two different XM stations at same time in different zones.) I guess I would get the meta data on the Sonos control/app vs the WHA control pad. Are...
Still a novice in the whole house audio world but I am comparing the Nuvo Essentia 6-zone system to HTD's Lync 6 system. The Nuvo system seems to have a better control pad for each zone. I was wondering if the control pad will display meta data from any source that uses RDS or just from other Nuvo components? For example, if I used a Sonos ZP90 as a source or some other non-Nuvo XM radio source would the meta data (artist, song) display on the Nuvo control pads?
New to forum as well as projector world. I'm building a golf simulator in basement in a 15'W x 21'L area with 10' 6" ceiling. I plan to use projector for the kids Wii and as a another football TV on Sundays so need something that can support both lower simulator reqs as well as full HD. Also want to make sure don't run into shadow issues from golfers. Since I'm building I can position projector pretty much anywhere. Golfers will hit from about 14' from screen. I want...