or Connect

Posts by R.Power

Mrt2, I was in your shoes a couple of years ago. I now have a 60” 9g Kuro I would love to unload. After I built a dedicated room like you describe I no longer watch my plasma. I have a JVC RS45 in a light controlled room projected on a 136” 1.3 gain screen and find it plenty bright. I know others prefer higher gain but it has tradeoffs and this is a detail you can upgrade in time. It’s more than just video quality (although it’s excellent) it’s more immersive and...
The logic here sounds like we should go back to CRT and VHS. The motion handling was great and analog was true sound fidelity. Better technology and change happens in spurts. HD took years to be adopted by the average consumer and I think they just jumped the gun on broadcast 3D as there’s a lack of content. HD lead to bigger screens to use the resolution. A side effect of 3D maybe higher native frame rates and even larger screens (and brighter projectors too). I have a...
This was an excellent, informative and entertaining show! Please consider adding many more Acoustics with Anthony Grimani episodes. I would enjoy and benefit from an entire series. Thank you for a great AVS Forum radio show
Jpcamaro70, I know I’m late to the party and you ordered them already but here’s my 2 cents. I’m a big Klipsh fan and purchased a complete RF7 II system with 2 SW-115’s. I love the speakers but the sub were weak. The first went back after a week when it started buzzing and the second went back a few weeks later with the same problem. It’s now a year later and these are buzzing and making noises like the bracing is coming apart. I will soon have to crack them open and do...
Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply! I rarely find the need to ask the newbie questions. I’m still learning and was starting to get the impression that a DI was a free lunch. We all have our preferences and I went with a JVC because of the high contrast level. I guess I’ll have to wait with everyone else to hear how the AVS guys at CEDIA liked them.
Could someone please help me out with a question as it relates to the new dynamic Iris. I’m interested in upgrading this year and don’t understand how this effects the viewed image. I know it’s a bit off topic but I ask it here to get opinions from those that know the advantages of not having one. I currently have a RS46 and its my first projector. Slowly over time I’ve added more and more black to my room to improve the perceived black level and contrast. Black screen...
I agree, might as well close the thread because nothing constructive is going to be discussed. It didn’t sound like politics was the deciding factor. It was the result of current regulation on his business and how he knows that’s not going to change now. I’m afraid this will happen to many of the small companies that make the ID products we discuss here.
Has anyone had any success with a sub floor? I had a 240 watt klipsch sub in my upstairs living room (very large with 18” ceiling) that would shake the couch and make my guests smile on movie night. I recently finished a 4000 + cubic foot theater and every one mentions the missing bass. I went through some of the early learning curve with members help but I’m still at a loss. I purchased 2 klipsch 15” SW- 115 subs and upgraded to a Denon 4520ci AVR. Location and...
Guyburns, I would contact Mike Garret here at AVS. He can help you with some great options that might be more cost effective and better performing. His contact info is in post #11 of this thread.
Guyburns, I think you might have missed a couple of my earlier points. Let me expand on them so I can possibly save you the time and money that I will be unable to get back. 1) I paid a pro for a perfect substrate for the paint. 2) I actually used the paint you referenced. 3) I painted multiple times with sprayer and multiple sanding sessions. 4) I could not get rid of ]very distracting hot spot and visible texture. 5) I also have a sample of the Studiotek screen to...