or Connect

Posts by 6sj7gt

Hi Krisco,There may be a fuse inside but even if there were, it would not have protected it from a surge let alone a nearby lightning strike. Fuses aren't designed to do that, besides, since your router was affected the damage may not have even been related to the power line. It is more likely for it to have come in through your Internet service's cable or related equipment. If that was the case a power line surge protector would not have helped anyway, but there are...
By the way, I waited to upgrade the firmware because I was one of those people who never observed the 24p dropped frame bug. I never doubted its existence, I just never noticed it myself… until one day, I was watching a movie with a slow pan, and there it was After that, I couldn't help not noticing it. It's like losing your innocence. Sloppy engineering on Onkyo's part.Thanks to jmpage2 and others for having the persistence to compel Onkyo to fix it.I've had the 818 for a...
Can you be more specific?"Brick" = "acts as if it's not plugged in" or did the failed firmware update manifest itself in some other behavior?Did you follow the applicable instructions here - update to 1100-7101-0100-0000 first, then perform the USB update?Thanks - the reason I'm asking is that I updated using the TX-NR818 Frame Firmware Test that was sent via email to fix the 24p bug (works fine BTW) and am reluctant to upgrade any further due to concerns like yours.One...
I sent my PT-AE7000U to Panasonic due to what I thought was dust in the optics - the vendor strongly suggested I do not try to clean it myself. The symptom was a few white spots that were only noticeable when the image was completely black. Changing the focus would change their appearance so I thought it was dust. They shipped the projector back and the work performed indicated they replaced the "optical block". They made no comment about dust, or cleaning, and from what...
The manual states High Altitude mode will be required for your elevation (> 4593' ... "Failure to do so may shorten the life of the internal parts and result in malfunctions.") As long as you are using it within its limitations, it should perform as expected. I surmise yours is defective.
Yes.
I sent a polite email, waited a few business days with no response, so I sent another nice email, and received the files within a day.They initially sent me the July 24, 2012 firmware by mistake (that has been covered in this forum as well as Onkyo's) then sent two copies of the beta firmware a day apart.It comes from mail (at) sf-notifications (dot) com so add that to your address book or whitelist.FWIW I have never been able to perceive the dropped frame but don't mind...
Since I bought it last July, but let's see for how long
I can't find anything wrong with mine. I've looked.
If you are streaming to the Express using iTunes from your iPhone then you are streaming the music directly from your iPhone.Remember that you will only see DTS on the 818's display if the music source is already DTS encoded. I am not aware of any iTunes Music that is. If you are streaming content from iTunes on your iPhone it is almost certainly two channel stereo.The fact that you see DTS momentarily indicates that the AirPlay connection is detected correctly, but as...