or Connect

Posts by pleh4help

Thanks Alx330, I took the plunge and web-ordered the Netgear; I like the fact it should work for both tablet and laptop. I did look at the Measy line but I found it too confusing to pick a specific unit...
http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/#portal/1026/article/16168 Intel WiDi Update Tool tells me "Installation Failed, Your system has an Intel wi-fi adapter that is not supported by this update tool" I am guessing Miracast is not an option for this computer.
One receiver (plugged into the tv), but I have 2 different sources, Nexus tablet and win8.1 laptop; I am (wildly) guessing I would get an on screen menu to select input ???
Am I to understand its normal I don't see the option to add a display because I don't have a receiver plugged in yet?I would have expected to have the option to add, but getting an error that none were found...
Hi, I would have 2 different uses/needs for Miracast tech a) Stream from my Nexus 7 (2nd gen) tablet to the big screen b) Maybe from my HTPC laptop to big screen as well As for "a)" the Nexus tablet, I know it is already Miracast capable, I have seen it in display settings, the option to turn it on, but for now I have no Miracast receiver plugged into the tv yet. For laptop to tv "b)" , I presently output with physical hdmi wire. I have read that windows 8.1 already...
Update If the laptop lid is closed, it will not wake, but if I keep the lid open, it does wake flawlessly. I will research further this behavior...
In my BIOS, the only wake setting is wake on lan In device mgr, I went thru all network card, bluetooth, usb, keyboard, mouse, HiD, everything that could be remotely related (pardon the pun) Those devices did not each show a power management tab, but all the device that did I checked (when not greyed out) be able to wake) Also, in power management tab, all the related devices that had "allow computer to turn off device to save energy" I removed the checkmark. I then spent...
I beleive I will give it a shot. Being a sleep-noob, I notice my Windows 8 menu offers both sleep and extended sleep; which is better suited. As far as IR usb dongle, no need to buy it with an accompanying remote for "teaching purpose" ?
I had similar problem at first with this remote, because my receiver required almost 10 seconds after powering on to respond to any other commands (like switching input). Help button feature will not fix anything permanently, you have to use the My Harmony software and look for troubleshooting to increase delays. As for accessing smart tv features, I beleive you need to go to device menu and scroll to a number of "pages" to find on screen equivalent to the Panasonic...
The box manages exclusively how content is distributed between internal and external drive. It tries to "passively'' equalize % used of both drives. In my case, I had 60% of internal drive used; all this contents stays there until I delete something. All recordings I did after adding external drive went on the ext drive until that one reach about the same used %, then only it resumed recording to internal drive, trying to maintain both internal and external on the same...