or Connect

Posts by Donat76

Interesting, I remember reading about this a while ago but only after you mentioned it.
Here was my test done for sharpness...http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread/2760#post_24219025With all the talk earlier about what sharpness setting is the right one, I decided to check it out for myself. I remember somebody mentioning using the overscan pattern on the Disney WOW disk. This pattern also has 1 pixel squares, 2 pixel squares, 1 pixel lines and 2 pixel lines.I have my P65VT60 on THX Cinema with all default settings. (96Hz)...
No, that's not what I meant. I already posted what I meant. I can't help you improve your comprehension level. Forum advice is always "take it or leave it". If it's beyond your skill set, I wouldn't recommend it.I feel bad that people are having problems with their receivers because I know how frustrating it can be. Problems can be hard to diagnose and solutions may be few. Given the relatively inexpensive cost of capacitors and heat sinks, this "fix" for the HDMI...
You misunderstood my post. If you are having problems with your HDMI board and it is out of warranty, this is always an option. I've fixed quite a few motherboards that had bad caps. I have all the equipment to test and replace though. Otherwise if it is working fine, I wouldn't mess with it.Somehow, I thought that was obvious to most people.
You could always add a heat sink to the HDMI processor to draw the heat off the chip and board to protect the surrounding capacitors but the kind of thermal interface material you would need between the heat sink and chip is like an adhesive and may void your warranty. And if you try to remove the heat sink in order to send the receiver in for repair, if in fact that was not truly the problem, trying to remove the heat sink may physically damage the chip.You may also be...
That's for capacitors and does not apply to all electronic components. If a capacitor is rated for 1,000 hours at 105 degrees Celsius and it runs at 45 degrees Celsius, that would make it last...95 degrees at 2,000 hours / 24 hours = 83 days85 degrees at 4,000 hours / 24 hours = 167 days75 degrees at 8,000 hours / 24 hours = 333 days65 degrees at 16,000 hours / 24 hours / 365 days = 1.83 years55 degrees at 32,000 hours / 24 / 365 days = 3.65 years45 degrees at 64,000...
I think the protection cut offs are modified by this setting but nothing electrically to the speakers. The correct setting is 6 Ohm for 6 or above. The receiver doesn't detect the impedance but should shut down on a dead short... hopefully.http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-9790255-47.html"The real world impedance concern comes when using 4 ohm speakers with low power A/V receivers, but even then ONLY when the buyer expects to play the system at high volume. You see, low...
On my Panasonic BR player you have to also set the Secondary Audio to off, otherwise it will down convert the bit stream from DTS-HD or DD TrueHD to regular DTS and DD. Not sure what BR player you have, but my guess is one of your BR setting is wrong. The receiver will automatically detect the correct format if your player outputs it.For my BR player...BD-Video Secondary AudioSelect whether or not to mix the primary andsecondary audio (including the button clicksound).If...
If you report the issue before the end of the warranty, it doesn't matter when the technician shows up. If you already have a new Panasonic case number, i wouldn't worry just because it may be the last day of the warranty.
Pretty sure the VT60 does a bit more the REC 709. This is from the Panasonic website."A dramatic improvement in the color purity of the red phosphor has further expanded the color range. It now covers 98% of DCI studio standards and 122% of ITU standards. It ensures full reproduction of vivid colors from all types of image sources."The average human eyes can see the whole range of colors in this picture with the color spaces marked for reference. Of course the source...