or Connect

Posts by purplerocks

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question. I use an Oppo BDP 105 as the source for a 2-channel only system into a Vincent integrated amp. I had always used the volume of my amp previously, usually quite low since it's a beefy amp of 150 watts per channel, and had the Oppo volume fixed at 100%. Recently, I decided to try the digital volume on the 105, usually ends up between 65-85 generally for the volume level I want, and have left the volume control on my amp...
Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question. I run the 105 2-channel only into a Vincent integrated amp. I had always used the volume of my amp, usually quite low since it's a beefy amp of 150 watts per channel, and had the Oppo volume fixed at 100%. Recently, I decided to try the digital volume on the 105, usually ends up between 65-85 generally for the volume level I want, and have left the volume control on my amp at a little under half-way, about 11 o clock...
I'm running a BDP-105 through the Vincent SV236MKII and LOVE the sound! I enjoy some tubes in my system and this combo rocks for me. Long time ago I had a tube based cd player into a ss NAD integrated and really enjoyed that too. I think the very detailed sound of the 105 works very well with the tube integrated.Good luck!
I agree about the 105 sounding better than the 95. I've now had mine for 30 days and am strictly 2-channel rca outs to an integrated amp and speakers. The 105 is without question, in my system to my ears, much better than the 95. There is a solidity to the image and a "grip" on the music that was not so evident in the 95.The high freq's on the 105 seem "silkier" too. I thought the 95 was a great player, it is, but the 105 IS a step up in the audio chain.
I've owned Oppo's for quite awhile; 83>83SE>95>105.Each of those was a step up. To me the 105 is a big improvement in sq to the 95, in my system and to my ears. The high freq's are "silkier", the lower freq's more solid and tighter, perhaps somewhat deeper as well, it sounds that way to me but perhaps it seems deeper because of less bloat or muddiness? I don't know. There's a solidity to the sound quality that wasn't there before, just seems more dynamic and open. Sorry...
Thanks for starting this thread dedicated to audio of the 105. I've had mine for a little over 2 weeks. Strictly 2-channel; rca's to a Vincent SV236MKII integrated amp with Paradigm Studio 60's. The 105 replaced a BDP-95. I've had mine in use for probably 100 hrs now or so and think it sounds fantastic, and seems to be getting better. The dynamics on the old Warner cd of "Graceland" by Paul Simon had me jumping out of my chair the other night! Wow.
I'm in Lafayette and am wondering if the MOHU Leaf would give me any difference than the old fashioned twin dipole wire hanging on the wall in a T config? I can only get the local WLFI and wondered if the MOHU would allow any of the Indy stations or the Champaign station to be seen.
Since I updated to the latest firmware yesterday, my YouTube navigation is worse than previous! The "advance" feature (what I call it anyway) where you can advance through to the next video on your favorites list, doesn't work. I sure hope the YouTube interface is smoothed out and corrected with the next gen Oppo (whenever that will be).
Well, when I switch to pcm the issue stops. I can't tell much difference (if any?) between sq of dsd vs pcm so maybe that's what I'll start using.
Unfortunately, still the same after doing the exact procedure above. Thanks anyway Bob. My setup is extremely simple; stereo rca's out to an integrated 2-channel amp. My settings are DSD, I'm using one hdmi cable to the hdmi1 port. I will say this; I am almost positive that this issue started a few wks ago after I had switched the setting to FL/FR instead of downmixed stereo. I didn't think it would make any difference since I'm running strictly 2 channel using the stereo...