or Connect

Posts by dinosd

Can we assume that will likely be a new 7006 on the horizon? That would screw up my selection process and budget!
[quote=AJF;21521232]dino if you have a BestBuy/Magnolia dealer near you, they usually have both receivers set-up in the demo room for you to play around with so I think that would be a something to do that might help you decide. QUOTE] Yeah, I tried the Magnolia visit. Unfortunately, the closest one, the listening room was a cluster... (maybe I better say) "somewhat dysfunctional" Half of the receivers only had one channel connected. Another good portion, including the...
I know the world seems to be built around Apple gadgets, but has anyone used the Android version of the control app?
I am looking at the same two receivers - REALLY tough desicision! Feature wise, they seem to be nearly identical. I like the look and uniqueness of the Marantz and the "porthole", not to mention the legacy of the name, but am concerned, that I will not adjust well to the lack of controls on the faceplate as well as the limited information that the porthole provides. I think the Denon would respond to my existing habits. If I want to change radio stations as I'm passing by,...
I'm new here, Great forum and reviews! I am seriously considering buying an SR6006. I like the feature set and it seems like it “should” more than meet my needs. I really like the retro-ish look, but have serious doubts regarding the functionality/convenience factor of the “porthole”. While I am looking forward to finally having an awesome theater setup for movies on the weekend, by day and mostly every day it will serve up music for general listening enjoyment (not so...
Yeah, I looked at best buy. No VSX-33s. They had a VSX-32 sitting there on a side table in one of the display rooms. No tags. No cords. The sales lady knew nothing about receivers other than "The pioneer elites are some of our best receivers." She struggled to find a price for me I think she said $399 discounted from $800(?)
I wasn't really shopping for an AV receiver, although quite a while now I have been watching for the right feature set / price point / spare cash factors to all collide! I tend to make “quality” well researched purchases and keep them a very long time. I'm still using my 90's era Carver gear. It still works and It still sounds great, but I'm not getting utilization of all the modern A/V features. So as I've read reviews over the last several years, I have gotten kind of...