or Connect

Posts by ErikH2000

I live in this huge loft. It has 12' ceilings, and the living area is 75' x 20'. Hardwood floors, you can hear echo when you talk. I have a lovely projector screen against a wall and sit about 15 feet back from it. Now, I'm not after great sound or even good sound. I would just like a basic surround sound setup that doesn't sound terrible. The main problem is the upstairs tenant and my lease are not going to allow me to get very loud. Its in my lease that I can't use...
Sorry, accidentally posted a duplicate. ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1384380 ) Tried to delete this one.
Thanks for the list! -Erik
You may just really not want to ceiling mount it, but I had one thought for making the holes smaller so you could spackle them up neat on departure. Your projector weights about eight pounds, which is not very heavy. If you get a generic mounting kit, it will probably be designed for heavier projectors and have huge screws that go into your ceiling. Possibly you can swap these out for thinner ceiling screws and use some washers to keep them from falling through the holes...
I'm after 75 inch diagonal or better with a throw distance under 5 feet, and the trick is to do it really cheap. The end quality needed could be poorer than your typical home theater. I haven't decided on the projector or add-ons to buy yet. To explain my cheapness a little without boring you with all the details, I have to duplicate the setup at least 3 times, so any costs in the setup gets multiplied. I'm not so wary of blowing some money experimenting on the first...