or Connect

Posts by Acaps

ThThanks JD. So I just go to setup, manual, and switch speakers to small? Don't have to go through audessy again? Thx
So go back into setup, go to manual, and change to small? Why didn't audessey do that for me? Do I have to do that for every source? Thx
I've had my 7008 for about 3 weeks now - really enjoying it. I do have a question, I ran audessey, and it set my fronts and center to large (paradigm studio 100's and cc570). I seem to have lost the "slam" and impact of my HSU VTF-2 sub. I know that audessey re organized it during calibration as I could hear the test tone, and it instructed me to make some manual changes. Am I missing something? Base is the one thing that his regressed with the 7008 over my old...
Had my 7008 for a couple of weeks - like many have said before me, the sound seems to be exceptional. Movies through my oppo 103 look/sound amazing. Just got it hooked to the network last night, still trying to figure out AirPlay with iTunes? One issue that has popped up is occasionally I lose video from cable box (hdmi) which runs through the 7008. Even if the 7008 is not powered on. All other sources (ps4, oppo) ate fine, it's just the dang cable box. Am I...
I jumped into the setup and found that I could increase the DB to zone two speakers.......Fixed the issue, zone 2 sounds great!I had another issue pop up. I have my ps3 running to the 7008 via hdmi. When gaming for the first time with the movement were slower than usual. I'm wondering if sending the video through the 7008 creates a little lag? I tested it a couple of times - and there definitely an issue. With my old set up, I went hdmi from ps3 out to the tv, and...
Couple of 7008 questions/impressions: Zone 2: I'm running 7.1 + zone 2 (audio only to zone 2). My zone 2 speakers are outdoor Boston acoustics - even with max volume (70?) they won't play loud at all - it's slightly below what I'd call normal listening volume. Am I missing something? I ran audessy today- will test it out with a blue ray tonight. I did watch 15 minutes of 300 following calibration. It looks like I have to go 80-85% max volume - that worries me a...
Is anyone here using the blue tooth adapter (I forget the part #) with their marantz in lieu of hard wiring it to the network?
Oh one more thing........while watching the hobbit blue ray, had a lip sync issue........can I fix that? Thx
Hi all - just got my 7008 tonight - hooked it up with no calibration....wow! It is a huge upgrade from my B&K ref 50. In going to try it for a month or so without my NAD M25 - hoping the 7008 will handle my needs without the external amplification Couple questions: I do not have the 7008 hard wired to my network. When I try and run the remote aps from my iPhone- it try's searching network, then nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Everything (oppo 103, ps3, cable...
Thanks JD - great infoOne clarification if you don't mind. If I'm using a 7 channel external amp (essentially using the 7008 as pre/pro), can I do 7.1 in main room using the external amp, then use the 7008 internal amps for zone 2/3?Or is my best option to get a speaker selector for zones 2-4? Zone 4 isn't important to me, but having 3 zones is. Thx!