or Connect

Posts by james111333

hey Guitarman, welcome back to the thread! You're partly responsible for me getting the HD33 and I love it I had to retire it for a year or so due to the house i lived in but it's being used to it's full glory right now! The links to the pictures you posted don't work? am I doing something wrong?? Cheers
I guess I should list my system before I go any further! Optoma HD33 Acoustic Energy Neo V2 5.1 surround speakers Marantz SR5006 Reciever High end Gaming PC (4770k @ 4.8GHz, AMD 290x overclocked and watercooled) I adore these speakers and have never heard anything like them in my life so certainly enjoy getting the most from them So what's the deal with stopping the sound getting next door through the wall behind the screen? Until I get in there with my tools I...
Hi everyone, so I'm starting a build thread on my new home cinema / gaming room. My fiancée and I are just about to buy our first house. Its a 4 bedroomed mid terrace. One of those bedrooms just so happens to be a loft conversion that has been deemed unsuitable for the master bedroom due to there being nowhere to put wardrobes because of the sloping ceiling....Ideal! So to set it out in check list style, here are the things I need to do: * Exchange contracts on the...
My panasonic ST50B is an amazing gaming screen. Stunning motion and in game mode I can't feel any lag at all, I would never game on an LCD if I had the option as the motion is just terrible and to fix it, lag inducing software is used which is of course no good for us! I am not up to date with the latest TV's but last year Panasonic could not be beaten on performance, quality and motion
Hey, I'm a complete geek when it comes to gaming PC's I'd love to help you out with this. I constantly stay up to date with prices and new tech. and have built a large number of systems for friends and customers. PM me if you want to get talking. Maybe we could discuss it real time on Skype?Any way, if I can help, let me know and I'm sure we can find the perfect build to meet your budget
Hey everyone, I'm gathering some info in preparation for my new home cinema / gaming room. I am looking for some information on the possibilities of automatically detecting the black bars associated with different aspect ratios than my 16:9 screen, in order to have my motorised masking system react and adjust as soon as it senses the black bars. I know it's a long shot and quite extravagant but it may be quite workable as all of my content is always displayed via my...
Ah I see, thanks for the input That's good and bad, good because I don't need to buy more (so this is a good as it gets with my system? But bad because I was hoping to get it even better, and who doesn't love buying new stuff for their set ups hey!? So a HDMI signal is as good as it gets as it's digital? Thanks again
Hey all, first off, apologies if this is in the wrong section, I hope I found the right place maybe it would also be relevant in HTPC? I have a Marantz SR5006 Powering my Acoustic Energy Neo V2 5.1 set up and I love it, 3 years ago I would have never thought I'd be spending over £1000 on speakers but here we are now! All the music I have sounds like never before and it's like listening to it all for the first time. I know it is not up there with the best but to me and...
Hi, sorry, I'm still trying to get up to date on this huge thread, I am using my HD33 mainly for PC gaming sometimes in 3D, could you elaborate on what you have done to improve things? How much was the Darbee?Thanks, please excuse my ignorance
This is of course not technical fix but every time I see it, I move across a little and smile to the fact i'm watching amazing quality films or gaming with ultra smooth motion on my 100" screen I'm guessing it's a little quirk that reminds me how lucky I am to have found this PJ and that i'm so glad I didn't just get another big TV. I still grin to myself when I watch a low res youtube video like 480p or something and it's in windowed mode (I have my pc connected to the...