or Connect

Posts by tmn1

Depending on where you live and the quality of your antenna and tuner it is entirely possible to receive Ch28 in Kirkland. I live in the Holmes Point area north of downtown Kirkland about 50-60 feet above the lake. I use a RCA ANT751 Outdoor Antenna (which is about 2x3 feet in size mounted outdoors) and my primary tuner is a DTV-Pal DVR AKA Channelmaster 7000. I get excellent reception on 28 as well as everything except 33 which is a little spotty. The antenna I have can...
I think you can use this free program to access your drive. http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/linux-partition-manager.htmIt should recognize your HDD and allow you several choices to reformat.
I will tell you why I think a manual is a necessity. It will tell you how they thought this machine was going to work. It should give us an idea how the designer expected things to work. Then it may be possible to correct or workaround some of the deficiencies. With the collective software and electronic knowledge of this forum I would expect someone will be able figure out if it is even possible to solve the problems. Without knowing how the original designer planned to...
This might be completely wrong but I do not think it will hurt anything to try. You can download a free program from this site: http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/linux-partition-manager.htm that will probably recognize your HDD. Then you can reformat the HDD to NTFS using their program. I have used it to format a drive to Linux and it worked fine. It is worth a try.
How about both of you also include a note to ePVision demanding they give us a written manual too! I think that should be the first thing done. Then everyone can have a good starting point as to how this machine was planned and produced. There may even be doable workarounds for some of the problems if we have the manner that this was programed. Without a manual there is no way to figure out how things were originally intended to function. Someone knows exactly how this...
I don't recall everything you have tried so far but as a last resort you might try unpluging every wire, cable or connection including power, antenna, etc. and let the unit sit for two weeks to a month. If that does not work you probably have a dead unit. I hope it works for you. In my opinion this machine is still an excellent choice for OTA where TVGOS works and it appears to me that someone is still making these. There are just too many units available for quite a long...
You can still buy a CM 7000 and it is the exact same unit with the upgraded software! They are called refurbished but I suspect there are many new units and they still have the original warranty. Take a look back to my earlier post a few days ago for a link to one site or call CM and get one while they are still available. This is a no brainer!
I wrote ePVision a nice note asking them to please give us a manual and also inquiring about the noticeable sound level drop. Here is their response. I hope this means we can know how they wanted us to go about using the VRX. "Thank you for your email. User manual is on the way. We should post to our web site this week or early next week. Sorry for the delay. As far as audio, it should be good enough from HDMI output. We have been using several different TVs tested here....
I find it interesting that the refurbished units that are still being sold by CM and others have a one year warranty. My guess is that the major problem with any of these units is that it is cheaper to make a new unit than to repair a broken one. This begs the question as to how CM is going to handle any warranty problems. I have to think this must mean they have many units in storage somewhere or that Echovision is still producing the units. Even though we all know this...
More than anything this product NEEDS a fully written OWNERS MANUAL. Then maybe we could all stop guessing at the designers intentions and how to actually figure out if and what can be done.