or Connect

Posts by alexwgoody

I think coaxial drivers will probably be your best bet (that's what they use in the modern console) - especially if you can build a sub in elsewhere in the setup. Coax drivers certainly aren't cheap, but they'll take up the smallest amount of area, likely sound better than an equivalent 2 way if you're not sitting away from the main listening area (more consistent horizontal and vertical directivity than a 2 way), and they are generally pretty sensitive and do not require...
How cool. The main question is, how loud do you need it to play? There are plenty of full range drivers that can almost give you the entire frequency range, though distortion and low output on the low and high end are common (like a real piano). Parts-express has great buyouts of pro audio and guitar/piano/bass amp drivers that may be useful to you. If you just need it for your own practicing and aren't going for incredible volumes (which I assume you are not), then a...
I have just cut the cabinet panels for my 2 way waveguide/15" woofer speakers and am getting ready to assemble it and fill the cabinet with foam. This will be my most interesting and high end built to date and I thought it would be fun to leave some personal touches. I have access to a laser cutter and am considering putting a logo, poem, or my name somewhere on the speaker, but a friend had a better idea: My friend has a number of old Playboys from the last year or 2 and...
Well, one will pass sound to other components perfectly. The other will perfectly pass sound to other components. Tough choice, I know.
Agreed.Also, the reasoning you will see on audiophile forums for manual turntables is that they produce less noise. This is complete crap. You would have to have a very cheap and/or poorly designed table for this to be an issue.
Is anyone else at a really awkward point where they can't advance until destroying the large forts, but does not have a strong enough ship to do so? I've finished every other mission available at this point in the game, and am spending hours just sailing around and taking down other boats- but it's not enough to level up my ship to the point where I could destroy a fort and move on. I'm stuck.
With regard to what center to pair it with, the general wisdom is to pair it with the same speaker or one in the same line as you want as small a difference in the speaker voicing as possible. If your center doesn't match well with the fronts, sounds that move across the screen won't sound quite right; so in your case you'd want to use another speaker in the series, ie. from Studio 20 v4, studio 100 (though that is probably overkill. While others may be used, it is...
Mine goes for longer than 1-2 seconds, and It usually doesn't let me stop it early. Mine takes at least 5-7 seconds and usually does well.
I assume you've confirmed that the speaker is wired in phase with your amp, yes?
I assume he is referring to calibrating Audyssey with their pro-level tools. There are threads on here where you can find user-experiences with this. It will probably help (depending on how well you did the initial setup), but only you can decide if the price is justified. A much more important (and vastly more expensive) audio calibrating route would be hiring an acoustics engineer. This should give remarkably better results, assuming you have no problem adding the...