or Connect

Posts by samsingla

I logged in here just to see if anyone else was having issues with WiDi. I have an XPS 12 and until today (before I upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1) I was always able to connect wireleslly to my TV (47LM6700). Now with windows 8.1, Widi is not supported but since 8.1 supports Miracast, you can use Windows native app to connect to the TV.The challenge I am having is that Windows is able to see the TV but when I select it, it prompts for a WPS Pin which never shows up on the...
It will be really interesting to know if we can get into the service menu of 6700/7600 to enable THX modes as we could with 5600. I am just waiting for those discussions to start
@Viper: I was in a similar situation. I was about to buy the 47LW5600 for 977 when I saw this deal. Had to drive 2.5 hours to get this TV, but in the end it was all worth it. Amazing TV at a great price. I owned a LW5600 earlier and I was planning to buy it again today. I would have been really mad if I would have bought it only to find the deal on LM6700 later. Anyways, here is what I found so far: - Out of the box this TV is just beautiful. The silver stand and...
@lkaufma1: I see a reflection in the screen. How bad the reflective screen really is? @RacerDave1: Do you see any significant improvement in 3D compared to 5600? And are you having issues with the glossy screen?
@lkaufma1: I am not sure if you ever looked at any older models (LW5300/5600/6500), but if you did, do you see any significant improvement in 3D? Somewhere I read that the newer models lm62,67,76... have a far better 3d than the previous models. I am debating between older 47LW5600 and the new 47LM6700 (too bad that 6200 doesn't support local dimming). But I am still not sure if LM6700 offers enough features for the premium price. From my research so far, among all the...
I just bougth 47LW5600 and I just cannot get ARC to work. I have Onkyo HT-S5400 a/v receiver and I am pretty sure that it supports ARC. I don't have dish/cable, so right now I just have the TV hooked to the avr using a HDMI 1.4 cable. The HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI1 (ARC) port on the tv and HDMI out on the avr. I am looking to route the sound from DLNA and smart apps to the avr. But when I am using DLNA or smart apps and I click the Simplink buttion, everything...
Well, if it's that simple I don't think I'll have much issues then. Thanks.
Thank you for your inputs. I think i'll probably go with afrogt's advice. Will evaluate both the speaker and see. Since I have no experience with home theater setup, "calibrate with Audyssey microphone" sounds like rocket science to me lol
I will be receiving the Energy RC Micro Speakers (5.0) and the Onkyo HT-S5400 HTIB system. I ordered the Energy speakers only a couple of days back. After doing all the research and reading endless reviews, I wanted to get a BIC F12 subwoofer and a decent receiver to combine with my Energy speakers. This is before I learned about receiving the HT-S5400 as a gift. Now my question is, can I use the Energy speakers with the HT-S5400's receiver and subwoofer. Or will it be a...
Thank you so much again for taking the time. The nearest Fry's is 3 hours away but I am totally ready to drive if it's really worth it. I just saw those speakers on amazon. They only had 2 reviews vs 180 for Energy. Again, since I have no clue of these systems(or av on the whole), I am just relying on the reviews. And looking at the Jamo reviews I was a bit concerned. Do they deliver the same quality as Energy?