or Connect

Posts by basementdweller1

one more thought on the av rack position... one spot where it would look good and have no noise issue is on the actual screen wall, but way down by the bar area. you wouldn't see it in your field of view but it would look great there and that penetrates the storage area, not the utility area. my only concern would be length of wire runs. i am hoping to use the cable box DVR and bluray player in the av cabinet to feed HDMI video to not only a projector but a flat panel...
all right... my first big question and problem. where should the av cabinet go? i want a built in wall av cabinet and already have a set of rails and two blanks to help frame it but the actual placement is a more difficult question. IMHO the best ascetically pleasing location would be directly behind the main seating area (likely 2 rows) which is the wall of the utility room, the wall directly to the left of the HVAC area in my floorplan. The location is great in the sense...
To just a bit further flesh out my ideas for the theatre space, It is 20 ft. deep from screen to rear wall but obviously very, very open to the bar area. Essentially it is one huge room with 2/3rds devoted to the theatre area and 1/3 to the bar with the divider being the single column. I totally acknowledge the huge downsides to the sound because of this open situation and that the area I have listed as a fitness room would make a better dedicated theatre space, but for my...
Here is from the last row of seating looking towards the screen wall area, destined to be 5 1/2 ft off the rear concrete wall. Here is the same rear seating row looking to towards the bar area. Here is a view from the screen wall location towards the seating area. And finally here is a view of the HVAC system, 2 furnaces and a gas WH. The utility room wall will be 3 ft in front of this.
I'd like to add a build thread of my own and ask for your help in many of the decisions ahead! My wife and I, and our two young children have lived in our new construction home for 5 years and the 1780 sq ft basement is ready to be finished. I greatly lack any experience in construction, wiring, etc. and while I have toyed for years with the idea of tackling this myself I finally have thought better of it, so welcome to my "subbin' it out" build. The fun has already...