or Connect

Posts by basementdweller1

Should I move the rear surrounds very wide too then even though it shreds the 60 degree angle goal?
I have a 15' wide x 20' deep room, seating at 9.5' and 15.5' feet and each seating row of 3 seats is 8.5' wide centered in the room. One side of the room (the left side) is totally open to another large 10x20' space for a bar area so many conventional 7.1 mount positions are not available. In ceiling or on wall options for the side and rear surrounds are impossible... so ON CEILING is what I have to do. So the question is placement... I have seen all the 7.1 charts but...
well the empire would fit and the cabinet isn't an issue for my WAF, it is more of is the sound of the thing going to be unacceptable to my wife. i think i am leaning empire, i'll hold off a bit as the basement won't be ready for a sub until around late March so i'll order it early in march.
The remote isn't really the issue as was pointed out you can be sure I am running a universal remote (Harmony 1100) but with how much I am putting into the theater I want to feel like what is on the screen is the best I can get. I know how much SACD, analog out, dual HDMI out, Netflix, etc. matter to people but I either don't need it or already have it in other devices (Apple TV etc.) but I sure do want to think the image is as good as it gets. Not sure what to do, love...
The Panasonic you are talking about is the 210 right? From what I gather and a brief skim of other people they feel the Panasonic is the equal of pretty much everyone when it comes to Bluray, ie. near perfect, but it is just a notch worse at upscaling DVDs than the Oppo, but better than anything else till you get to the $500+ range. Correct?
PS: Reason I am looking at an Empire is it seems the right size for my space 4000 cubic ft., is well reviewed, and I can pick it up here locally... I have to pay tax but no shipping so it comes out to about $850 which is a bit of a savings compared to no tax, but shipping. I am still open to other options, in particular if they are more inexpensive for what I am looking for. I guess my point is I want the feeling of strong clean, bass like you get in a real theater but I...
Well I mean I could get a Epik Empire to be sure, but lets ask this... wasted money not counted, is it better to have a smaller sub driven louder or a big sub driven quieter (for the overall same volume level), which sounds better? Do you need to "open up" a sub to have it sound good... I may just get something like an Empire and be more "future proofed" for when the kids are older and Mom is out of the house and we can turn up Stars Wars you know... but I don't want to...
Good point, in particular with the space on the joists empty right now, it is framed but no insulation or drywall yet. I could almost feel the floor buzzing.
Alright, on another thread I mentioned I am looking for a sub for a new basement theater room that is in the 2400 cubic feet range, but open to another room on one entire side for a total of 4000 cubic feet. I mentioned my price range of $500-750 and most have advocated the Epik Empire, Hsu VTF-15H, Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, or Rythmik FV15HP. So far so good... until what I did today. Upstairs in my family room, I have a Paradigm 5.1 system with a small Paradigm PDR-8 (8...
Totally willing to spring for the Oppo-93 but I am thinking that what makes it so special to many here won't do anything for me... here is my use case: 1. Connects to Onkyo TX-NR809 which supplies video to Epson 8700UB (2D only) and 120 in diagonal screen. 2. Have no use for anything but HMDI 1.4 but may upgrade to 3D PJ in a few years so for sure want a 3D Bluray player. No analog anything in my setup. 3. Want a bulletproof Bluray compatibility, fast loading, no...