or Connect

Posts by jerrolds

It's too bad, i really wanted these RF82s and RC62 - but the seller sold it to someone else before i could meet him. I did end up getting a 5 piece set of Energy Veritas Minis for $300, going to build my HT around that (need a decent receiver and thinking of paring with SVS PB-1000 sub)
Yup i hear ya, thats why i jumped on these vminis for $300CAD - but i plan on moving into a house within the next year so ill probably be re-selling the vmins for floorstanding but i want to avoid selling and getting a new sub if i can (since im buying new right now) . I figure a quality sub at lower volumes will still be good
Thanks for the suggestion, but im in Canada - i dont think SVS has an outlet here The only authorized dealer is SonicBoomAudio.com and im afraid they dont have an outlet section.I live in Winnipeg, which is about 60-90mins away from the border - and there is an actual "Parcel Pickup" business just across the border - so i can still get free shipping - id just have to spend a day travelling. Not sure if its worth it if all i need is a sub. Plus id have to pay...
Thanks for you help guys - i appreciate the detail/analysis. The room is definately bigger than a normal sized bedroom, and about the size of a master bedroom maybe. The distance from the speakers to the couch listening position would be about 9ft - so not that far, and maybe even 7-8ft if i decide to move the couch up and get the rear surrounds going. It only be about 90-110degrees and 1.5-2 feet away though. Plus theyre not dipole so im not sure how the immersion will...
I bought a used set of Veritas Minis $300 CAD for 4 bookshelves and 1 center. This is going into an 11dx17wx8h living room, couch audio TV are along the long side so audio travels 11 ft to the wall. The left side kinda opens up to the hallway dining room (about 5ft). This a good size for the vminis? Hardwood floors unfortunately but a big area rug covers a lot of it. Looking to pair with an SVS PB-1000.
Yup mustve of missed that - theres one user i found on a used audio forum looking to sell the PB-1000 for $400, unfortunately im 2nd in line - waiting for 1st cust to confirm. Otherwise, i think ill pull the trigger on the PB-1000 from sonicboomaudio. Its too bad that shipping is $45 vs the $6 that Amazon has, but they only sell the SB-1000 or SB12 NSB. Unless i should consider getting the SB12 NSB since if i factor the $45 shipping - the price gap is about...
Dammit sonicboomaudio.com doesnt carry the PB-1000. Not sure where i could get that in Canada. I should probably update the OP.But ya..i think maybe the single PB-1000 for now, then a 2nd one later would scale the best.
Oh interesting - ill have to read up on it. But the bass quality is comparable to the PB 2000? I live in Canada, im not even sure where i would order that ....
So currently leaving in an apartment style condo, and on my way to pick up a 5 piece set of Energy Vertias Mini (4 Bookshelves and 1 center) for $300CAD. Great deal i think, but i need a sub. I dont forsee the Veritas as the "end game" Home Theatre, but i think i can re-sell them at a good price when i move into a house. But i want to avoid doing that with the subwoofer. Would it be better to get the 1 SVS SB-1000 for $550CAD now, and maybe add a 2nd one later or justr...
I think my main concern was, if the SVS is "too much subwoofer" for the Vertias Mini. I wont have the sub and overall volume too loud for courtesy reasons, but i was wondering if the SVS would just overpower the speakers and just seem off in a way. This is for movies mostly as well, so the "bass that punches you in the chest" would be nice once i replace the minis somewhere down the line. Maybe add a 2nd SB-2000?