or Connect

Posts by spycake

I think it's "true" 120Hz in the sense that the screen indeed refreshes 120 times per second. It does not appear to be a 60Hz set with special lighting gimmicks to simulate a faster refresh.So if it looks good to you, don't worry, be happy.
You are correct -- the info button will show the resolution and refresh rate of the input. The screen output is always 120Hz, just like the the screen is always 1080p. The input is just scaled/duplicated to fit the screen. It is my understanding that the PS4 or PS3 can only output 60Hz. Furthermore, in my experience, it seems common that these lower end 120Hz TVs actually can't accept anything greater than 60Hz input anyway -- the sole benefit of 120Hz is really just...
The TV screen is always refreshing at 120Hz. What is displayed on the screen when you press the info button is the refresh rate of the selected input, which in this case is 60Hz for the PS4.
If you just need one more tuner, the WinTV 1800 is always floating around eBay for cheap.If you're looking for two more tuners, I'd strongly consider the Silicondust HD Homerun. The basic model can be had for around $60. Can connect directly to your router so any computer on your network can watch/record from it. A new more expensive version should be out soon too, which can transcode the video for wireless streaming, tablet playback, etc.I've tried other media center...
For me, I would see the lip sync issue after I toggled the Motion Enhancement option under Picture Settings. I was generally doing that on the HDMI input (Sony Blu-Ray player). Another user upthread said they experienced it when the input signal changed over HDMI (i.e. from 1080i to 720p), like changing channels on their digital cable box. Other users, feel free to chime in with the steps necessary to re-create your lip sync issues on this set.
Oh, and as I alluded to in my last post, I returned the TV, partially due to the audio sync issue but more because I decided to go with a smaller cheaper set from a different manufacturer anyway. I told them about the audio sync issue, but that really slowed down the return process -- they said I could return it regardless, but they would process it differently if there was indeed a problem with the set. So I had to wait for a supervisor to come over and help hook it up...
Actually, looking into this a bit more, I wouldn't be surprised if this TV was unable to accept a 120Hz source. That seems to be a common limitation on cheaper 120Hz sets. I don't have a good enough graphics card to test that at the moment, and I just returned the TV anyway.
Most devices are 60Hz (except Blu-Ray player, which usually default to 24Hz). You'd probably need a computer to send it 120Hz.The 120Hz "advantage" should come into play with 24Hz content, since 24 divides evenly into 120. But I can't get 24p judder eliminated on this TV without turning on Motion Enhancement ("Soap Opera Effect").
I didn't notice any sync issues either when I was watching over-the-air antenna channels.
I started getting the lip sync issue too -- I was fiddling with the Motion Enhancement and testing a Blu Ray, and sometimes when I'd go back, the audio was off ever so slightly. Didn't seem to matter whether Motion Enhancement was being turned on or off -- just changing the setting seemed to be enough to throw it off. Also, I tried watching a Blu Ray further with Motion Enhancement on low, but I found it too distracting ("soap opera effect"). Good for panning scenes but...