or Connect

Posts by CIH_NOOB

Yes the screen is still available; please PM me and i will get in touch
PM responses sent ..
I have a NIB (new in box) Zero Edge (latest) for sale. It was originally meant for a secondary system that never came to pass. Following are the details. - 133" cinemascope (2:35:1) - BD 1.4 - LED perimeter kit with remote I am located in the Bay Area. Local pickup preferred since it is very bulky. Packaging dimensions are 140"(L) x 64"(W) x 5"(H). Gross weight is around 140 pounds I really prefer a local sale but I am open to a non-local sale if buyer takes care of all...
If there is no angle of incidence to speak of (dead center), wouldn't an angular reflective screen behave just the same as a retro-reflective screen ...
I am trying to figure out different options to place my projector. Is ceiling mount the best way to go with an angular reflective screen like a black diamond? Is shelf mounting behind seating area not recommended at all for such screen types? I am trying to figure out if shelf mount would be doable in my setup. Projector lens will be almost dead center to the screen if shelf mounted; seating/viewing area would be about 2 feet both in front and below the shelf/projector...
Yes i am debating between the Fortress Californian and Elite C1-M. Price-wise they are in the same ball-park. But not being able to actually check them out in person, it is kind of tough to make an educated decision. I am also thinking to add the buttkicker option; wondering if both these models can be installed (as part of the seat itself and not using the mounting kit) with the buttkicker LFE kit? thanks
Hi : I am looking to get a set of 3-seaters. Fortress and Elites are on my short-list. Can anyone chime in on which manufacturer is better in terms of workmanship and reliability (power recliner etc) of their product? I don't have any dealers nearby to check them out myself. thanks
Looking for a pair of used F110s in excellent shape. You can contact me at essendon2000(at)aol(dot)com and i will get in touch. thanks, Jason
I am embarking on a quest for a screen with 2.35 AR with some form of gain since it is going to be around 140" diagonal. Will be pairing it with JVC 4810. Demoed a black diamond 1.4 gen3 and was distracted by the sheen/sparklies on bright scenes. Also got a chance to look at the Supernova 08-85 and the picture was very very good; wasn't bothered by any screen texture/hotspotting etc. However for my screen size, the 08-85 material would not work. Thus, i am looking in the...
In a semi-light controlled room (7/10 with a 10 being a bat-cave), and throw distance of around 16feet, would the JVC work well with a 133" Cinemascope BlackDiamond screen (1.4 gain). This is mainly for 2D usage only. I am trying to solicit opinions of users out there that may have experimented with similar setups and what your experience is. I tried using the projector wizard calculator using the X70 (fair comparison), with the given parameters above,and it gave me a...