or Connect

Posts by Yomaster

Hey everyone, so I've noticed something a little funky about my set... Whenever I use 3D, depending on the scene, the picture tends to shift from natural color to everything having a blue/green tint, and then back again. It's kinda similar to having Dynamic Contrast enabled, except that option obviously isn't on for me. The color shifts happen most often in darker environments, or scenes with a lot of differences in lighting. I have all the typical offending...
Hey everyone, so I've noticed something a little funky about my set... Whenever I use 3D, depending on the scene, the picture tends to shift from natural color to everything having a blue/green tint, and then back again. It's kinda similar to having Dynamic Contrast enabled, except that option obviously isn't on for me. The color shifts happen most often in darker environments, or scenes with a lot of differences in lighting. I have all the typical offending...
Yeah, that's the report I read from someone else's post on another website.In typical Samsung fashion, however, the update was not released, and the problem still remains. You know, after a TV with 3 defective screens, and a replacement TV that has problems such as this, I'm doubting I'll ever buy a Samsung television ever again. The product support is horrendous.
It's supposedly a firmware issue that's affecting many different models of Samsung's SMART TV's that have received the update. Last I read, Samsung is pushing an update on the 20th of this month that should rectify the issue.
Samsung released the 1025 update recently. Unfortunately, it causes the Smart Hub to flicker on and off the screen 2 minutes after every time the set is turned on. Edit: The update is available via the Support menu > Software Update.
I currently use my Samsung PN51E550 for gaming. I primarily use my Xbox 360 on it, but it does get some PC game time in as well. Mind you, it does feature active 3D, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Keep in mind that active 3D is far superior to passive in terms of picture quality and 3D effect. I find the 3D to be very good with some tweaking, and I'd be happy to share my settings should you decide on this set. The TV retails for around $850 USD. I've...
Go figure. Something must be going on with Samsung, as I've been reading reports of bad firmware updates lately. It appears the only thing we can do, unfortunately, is wait for Samsung to release a new firmware...
Hell, I'm still stuck at 1020.1. I can't even get my set to download 1022.2. Wonder how far they rolled it back. I noticed that the PN60E550 still has the 1022.2 firmware listed for download on the Samsung website, but the PN51E550 only has 1012.9 (July, 2012), even though I'm at a far more recent firmware. Pretty ridiculous of an oversight from Samsung to be releasing firmware that cripples television sets.
Hey everyone, I have the Samsung PN51E550, and my firmware version is 1020.1. Recently, Smart Hub updated and gave me the Amazon Instant Video app, as well as the SyncPlus app. Whenever I try to run both, I am thrown a message telling me that my firmware needs to be updated in order to use either of them. In addition, trying to update the firmware via the menus tells me either that my firmware is up to date, or I get an error code 709, which tells me that the firmware is...
Is anyone else having problems updating, period? My PN51E550's firmware is 1020.1. Trying to update via the menu throws either a "Your Firmware is Up to Date" message, or a "The firmware update is not currently available on the server" error. I just contacted Samsung support, and they're telling me my FW is up-to-date, which makes no sense, considering you guys have the new one. My Amazon Instant Video and SyncPlus apps refuse to work as they're telling me I need to...