or Connect

Posts by petriebird

Wow i'm lucky to have found that center.............. absolutely amazing! Gonna have to run audessy again tomorrow so I don't bother the neighbors. Which satellites go with the vf-36 and vc-25? That is my next goal. Oh and how prevelant is 7.1? I can put the sides as these cheap speakers when I get new rears
I can't believe I didn't get a center sooner........... Last time I heard 5.1 it was on my HT in a box system from 15 years ago and it was dolby pro-logic Will never watch a movie 2.1 again
I got this box set for the first movie http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-4-Disc-Collectors-Blu-Ray-Exclusive/dp/B008YL7MSA/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1394512457&sr=1-3&keywords=hunger+games+box+set I assumed the extra space would be for future movies to be placed in the box (there is enough room for two more identical books) Does anyone know if this is the case and if so when it will be released? I want to get the second movie but don't want to buy a steel book or...
One thing I've learned since getting into this would be that it's usually smarter to put your money into fewer items and that way you can better components and add on down the road. Problem with that for me was that I always wanted more from my system so I spent way more then I had planned. But I'm glad I did because it's an excellent system. One option I saw on amazon would be high quality computer speakers so that way you aren't trying to cut up the pie as much. This...
I managed to find a vc-25 on ebay for a reasonable price. My movie watching experience will be satisfied. I'm amazed I found a center to match my towers and i'm very happy to have done the right thing for my system. Will let you know how it turns out.
I understand that running my system at "4.1" makes no sense to an audiophile. However my daily needs haven't lead me towards upgrading my sound system. With that being said I managed to work things out that I have found a center channel, a vc-25 which is amazingly hard to find. I managed to come up with the cash to get it and my sound system will be grateful for such a thing. I watched the avengers tonight and for the first time truly discovered what I am missing, I...
problem is no one carries my center any more, the whole line is discontinued. Any idea where I can find it?
Looking on amazon the c-20 looks best and cheapest, how will this sound on my system?
I have a denon 1712 and klipsch vf-36's what center channel should I get? the cheaper the better.
It's been a while since I tried this but my denon 1712 doesn't seam to let me run rear speakers without a center hooked up. Is there a way to have a phantom center? A friend of mine suggested hooking up a cheap center then turning it off so I can run the rears? Don't know if this is possible. All I know is giving the center channels job to a poor sounding center would take away from the entire point of my vf-36's One thing I have pondered is setting up the tweeters as...