or Connect

Posts by freetvEE

This worked like a charm, thanks!
Sorry, should have clarified. Just trying to access on my LAN (and at some point off network too) via Chrome web browser. Mainly just testing it out via a browser, and also thinking of trying to Chromecast it via my laptop or tablet to my bedroom TV to see how/if it works...So where do I find the IP of the MB server (I assume on my main HTPC that houses all of my media), and where do I copy this info too on the other PC/Laptop/Tablet?and yes, I agree, I have been using...
So I am still confused with accessing my MB3 stuff from other PCs... With Plex it's easy, I just go to plex.tv on any browser and my media is automatically there. With MB3 do I need to download Server onto the other PC first before I can access my Media or what is the process??? I have yet to find a good guide for this, any suggestions on where this process is listed?
Great discussion, thanks for the info everyone, learning a lot. I decided to go ahead an setup MB Server on my main HTPC and test it out. Generally it seems to be working pretty well and appreciate the time everyone has taken to provide another alternative to PLEX. I still need to test it out on the Roku. A few things I have noticed that are not working so good are: Plex is way easier to setup to access your media on your LAN or remotely. On the LAN, my droid...
You are correct, I am looking for the Holy Grail, which I know is a bit of a pie in the sky... I dont need it to be perfect on the secondary bedroom TV, just so it works. As long as we can find and play the WTV files on the Roku or Chromecast it using the MB app. Does anyone know if MB in Roku or Chromecast play WTV files seamlessly???Mainly thinking about using WMC on the main HTPC to watch most live TV and DVR TV shows, but wanted to have access to watch those recorded...
Makes sense, thanks. So I currently have my main HTPC with WMC for live, TV, DVR, netflix, plus my MB strip (I assume this is MB Classic) for my movies and such. If I add MB Server on to this HTPC, that will give me the ability to get live and recorded TV (WTV files) from a Roku box or Chromecast on another TV in the house plus access to all my media from anywhere, right? Do I also need to Download MB3 on my main HTPC, or just keep using what I have (MB), and will that...
Yep, I totally get that, and appreciate the work you and everyone else has put in! Maybe this thread will continue to stick, so it will serve to be an ongoing "reevaluation"... What is your opinion on how MB3 fits my needs in its current state versus where you see it growing to in the near future?
I think Plex & MB3 are both great and also offer a lot of promise. Since MB3 has been around for a while now I was wondering what everyone thought about it compared to Plex, pros and cons. I currently use Win 7 WMC (which I think is great) because its 1 UI for everything that is very easy to navigate and use-WAF. Live TV & DVR via an OTA antenna in WMC works awesome too. Just wondering if Plex or MB3 stand alone or combined with WMC or XBMC is finally at the point now...
I am looking to do the same thing, with pretty much your exact setup, minus the server... I just leave my main HTPC on and use it to house all of my media instead of a server. How did it work, and do you have any additional tips? thanks!
I am looking to do the same thing, with pretty much your exact setup... How did it work, and do you have any additional tips? thanks!