or Connect

Posts by fuzz092888

It says in the specs that it only pushes 88CFM with dual 120mm fans. That's pretty low, which means they must be spinning fairly slow so that they stay quiet. The big boy fan moves 83 on low, 108 on medium and 134 on high and with the AC adapter costs roughly ~$34 bucks, but aesthetics matter.
It really depends on what you want. You can get an Antec cooler or some other component cooler, personally I think they're too expensive for the air they move. I would just get an Antec big boy 200mm case fan and a cooler guys AC adapter. You get 3 speeds and a 200mm fan to move a ton of air and keep the unit cool for (in most cases) less than a "component cooler". This is more of a function over form kind of thing though, so if the extra money for better looks is...
It has to do with keeping the ambient noise level as low as possible, I think. I know there are fans that are designed to be quiet, but they're probably a bit bigger than the space inside allows. That's just a guess since the fans only come on at louder volumes where the noise they make wouldn't be noticed anyways. There's also the lack of fans on the majority of HT gear (amps come to mind) and most of the receivers I've seen don't have fans, or the fans are temp...
Well to be fair he only asked if someone could send it to him, there was no mention of money or a fee involved.
Congrats Net, It's about time you finally got to enjoy those things. Everything looks awesome and I kinda sorta hate you for getting the last center
They said a fan on top of the 3009 sucking air out is fine, it will help keep the unit cooler. They did not recommend blowing down into the unit as you and I both have hazarded against (both of us in this thread btw) and I didn't ask them about putting a fan underneath.Also, I generally watch movies at -15 to -10 although at certain scenes I'll go -5ish. It's not about being deaf (at least for me), after you run room correction, -0 should be reference levels. This is...
I actually spoke to Onkyo about the clicking sound, I think I deleted the conversation, but they said that the clicking issue had something to do with electrical switching or some such thing, but that it was due to the unit protecting itself from the heat. They said that the the only times the unit should click like that are switching between sources and if the unit is regulating itself to deal with the heat.
Well actually I said that if you place a fan on top SUCKING AIR OUT would be the best. So you're saying that a fan on top of the unit sucking air out of the vents where heat naturally rises is bad and that it will block the vents? I fail to see the logic in that.I have yet to open up a receiver or any piece of audio equipment to see fans underneath everything blowing air up through all the boards and circuitry. I've seems fans side mounted, rear mounted (mostly on pro...
The purpose of mounting a fan on top is to suck air out, not blow it in. Heat rises and all that, so if you mount a good sized fan on top, sucking air out it will work almost as well as mounting a fan underneath blowing up. My personal preference is to not have any of the fans I have used blowing into the units.Yes there are fans, but they only come on at high volumes according to the video.