or Connect

Posts by fuzz092888

None
Less than one year old Antimode Dual Core 2.0, one owner, and upgraded to the version with higher input and output voltages. Includes: Antimode Dual Core 2.0 Power Cord Mic Please add 4% if paying by paypal and shipping costs. Please contact for pictures and more information. More information can be found here: http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core.shtml http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=AntiModeDualCore20
One thing I'm really enjoying about the Marantz over my previous receiver is the web controller. It's nice to be able to continue watching whatever I'm watching and still be able to tweak settings and adjust things without having the on screen menu up.
IMHO, I'm in the camp that all well designed and executed electronics will sound more similar than different. Through HDMI, I'm not sure there is much of a difference, and if so there's no way to really distinguish without an A/B test, A/B/X test, or blind/double blind test. In the realm of analog sound, I think the Marantz is the clear winner. I'm not saying it's going to be a night and day difference, but to my ears there is a clear, albeit not necessarily huge,...
I have an old Outlaw 970 that I keep around, but it's currently being used for the computer setup. I would like to get a spare that has HDMI though. That would be nice.
I ended up paying a little more than half retail shipped. If I hadn't gotten that price, I wouldn't have gotten and might still have the 3009.
A Marantz 8801.
Officially sold my 3009. I guess I'm no longer in the club
I hear ya. When I sold my receiver recently, there was a period of a few days in between it getting shipped out and the new one arriving. We ran off TV speakers for a day before we decided I needed to figure something out to get at least 2 channel.You and I may live to regret this, depending on how picky they get
I love the fact that I've started converting my GF into an audio enthusiast. She loves music, but now she's gaining a strong preference towards great speakers. It's to the point where she complains about TV speakers and small boom box like electronics. Last night she also demanded I explain to her how to get the Phils to play (I rewired a few things). Maybe she needs her own set of Phils