or Connect

Posts by guteLaune

I own the enzo's. I've talked about them in this forum.
LOL, you're missing the point, but whatever--I don't care...and you obviously missed the point where I pointed out that although the tekton's may or may not meet the 98dB spec, they ARE certainly very sensitive, as I can attest from personal experience vs. speakers with lower sensitivity specs.Tell, me, has anyone had a problem driving the tektons with a low wattage amp? No. Check the net...plenty of reviews of people using these speakers with ultra-low wattage amps with...
While I appreciate your knowledge on the matter, I think this is painting the wrong picture. Just picking a power of 10 difference between numbers--especially fuel economy--is pretty lazy. A person will notice a car that gets 5mpg when they wanted 50mpg. That's a HUGE and VERY NOTICEABLE difference. It's better to use these specs as ballpark/guidelines. The sensitivities of speakers as published may or may not be accurate...but I'm saying they're giving you an idea of...
I agree these will sound better than TV speakers, but many TV's, when external speakers are connected, no longer allow you to control volume with the remote control. So, the OP would have to get up any time the volume needed adjusting.Rock324, you mentioned putting these under the bed or somewhere else, just keep in mind, you'll probably want these speakers in the area of your TV, otherwise you'll be watching a show, but the sound will be coming from somewhere else (like...
I wish I had the perfect answer for you, but I really don't. Wireless and $200 are criteria that don't mix much. For the money, I think you're looking at a soundbar setup. For me, one of the best "TV speaker improvements" is a soundbar or a small, wall-mounted speaker/receiver combo, with the speakers mounted out pretty wide. I have some Martin Logan Motion 4's on my wall powered by a HK-3490...obviously the low end is lacking, but the clarity and overall depth of...
At high volume, the soundstage produced is just epic. These aren't full-range, but darn close. I have yet to try a tube amp with them, but I'd be interested in some suggestions, as it seems many tube amps are pretty damn expensive. The emotiva is just your basic, clean, powerful amp. It sounds just fine and gets the job done. Ultimately, I'd like to find a great tube pre-amp to get the best of both worlds.
So I've been putting a lot of hours on these Enzos now, and I've made it a point to really only post an impression of them when I think it's something worthwhile...So... Lately I've been listening to these at pretty low levels. These are levels where you could have a comfortable conversation with someone sitting next to you. I have to say, they still have a very dynamic sound. Everything gets bigger when turned up, to be sure, but I haven't really ever experienced this...
See if anyone on here is in your area that has some speakers from Tekton Design. Great speakers for the money, and super efficient. I've listened to a TON of speakers, and I've been recently rotating through some pretty regularly, but the Tekton Enzo's I've got are staying for a while. Huge soundstage and very dynamic. The Pendragons would go deeper, if you didn't want a sub, but these aren't exactly small speakers. It also depends on the type of music/sound you...
Yes, I know they were outside, but I was just showing you that speakers/small amps work well (I wasn't specifically suggesting the Venere's as an option).I still suggest powered monitors for your budget.
This is why I love forums like this! I have seen than amp on parts-express a million times and never realized it was battery powered!!!Good stuff, Mr. Cook. To the OP: Those speakers/amp will work for you, too, but I'd be surprised if you'd hear any difference in sound quality. It'll come down to whatever you value more: separate speakers or a dock.