or Connect

Posts by Vic12345

Turn dynamic contrast off,lower contrast setting,lower sharpness setting,brighter gamma,warmer color tone.
Having the white balance adjusted good makes a significant difference on the plasma here.more than crts.Mine out of the box showed gradation flaws and inaccurate grayscale on warm2(usually the most accurate setting).But as the pros know plasmas can't be made 100% accurate because of the abl. Edit I have corrected some of the out of the box settings.Only thing you can't change is the abl....KOF that's valuable information for shoppers with lots of money if you are correct....
Only time resolution and clarity is a problem on mine (last yrs budget sam)is when the screen has a lot of white.it goes dim and blurry(can look down right awful).The winter Olympics with white snow shows the blur and brings out the worst in the plasma.If there is a store that has olympics playing it would be a great way too compare tvs bright screen and blur performance, although the voltage issue on mine is causing part of this problem.it may be hard too see the...
Ive got judder when camera moves slowly side to side or up down.I always thought this was normal on plasmas. l get frame skip or slight judder if the camera moves real fast.Not sure the cause of this.Also get picture freezes sometimes but I think it's the cable tv feed...I have last years budget Sam plasma.
Turning sharpness up helps the blur on mine.Having sharpness at zero like people often recommend is way blurry on mine.Another thing on mine is Image retention has gotten worse(not sure if this part of the voltage issue I'm having).Does anyone know? Seems like plasmas can be better than LCD when theyre working well, but they can have various little problems that can affect picture quality in the present and future.lcds seem more stable.
Tao-On mine they are different shades.This pattern has 9 bars across top.theres all sorts of different bar patterns around.my brightness setting is about 9 over where dithering starts as I have lights in room..and gamma -1. Broadus-one reason I got the 1024 tv is because I watch a lot of SD.If I got 1080 then I'd notice the difference between HD and SD more.1024 gives more consistency among all the channels..On mine dark programs almost always look realclear,but bright...
My last years model has skin tones that are a bit yellow and I've got the white balance as good as Ive ever had it,but I don't use a meter.just a lot of fiddling.Mine ,native has a green look too it on warm2.My gray bars with colr turned down are yellowy blue(I'll double check this later too confirm).the brightest white square on the bottom is blueish.I was disappointed with mine out of the box.you'll drive yourself crazy trying too adjust white balance unless you know...
The more light in the room the more plasma picture quality is affected.Bright bulbs really reflect a lot on plasma.If your room is bright and you can find a LCD with acceptable motion quality then that's the better.tv..If your room is dark I recommend plasma for dark rooms but they got lots of small issues too.Bright programs like Hockey,skiing winter olympics,commercials look a bit washed out.Plasma handles motion better than most lcds but not as good as CRT although...
how far your chair is from tv makes a difference in the amount of detail you see.Definitely see less detail on some stuff with 1024 if your sitting close.If your sitting 12ft back or more and you watch a lot of SD then the 1024 is fine (If box has native setting and setup right).If your watching 1080p DVDs a lot and 1080 channels you want the 1080.I don't think there is much difference with motion resolution between the two if watching sports.Other things like plasma...
Darkhorse I've never seen somebody say warm2 is too green.Its always people saying its too red.Its very difficult too get a good adjustment of white balance balance unless you know exactly what too look for or calibration equipment. Amartin- for a cablebox with cable tv the clearest and always reccomended setting for some boxes is native and allowing 1080i,720p,480p.i had a hard time seeing motion clarity differences 720p or 1080i with or without native or any other. ...