or Connect

Posts by Gregck

I am completely with you here, not only is it much easier to clean and extra protective, it also looks a lot better--design wise (HX850). Unfortunately as you mentioned, Sony is going cheap-o mode with their newer high end TVs, and no other manufacturer (AFAIK) makes TVs with a front glass panel.
No google searches of "samsung 7100 xx service menu" or similar produce any results?
The demand for the product you want is probably shared by quite a few AVS members, but there is most likely not enough demand for companies to invest in designing, producing, and marketing an item like this. BTW: Do none of the korean imports have these specs? I know some of them are 120hz but not sure of aspect ratio.
I cannot speak reliably for other brands, but the HX850 is an amazing set for the price. I do not get any flashlighting with the proper settings and game mode is pretty good. Colors are very good. The 850 is a step up from the 750 for sure, not only in picture quality and black levels, but also in design. Also the 850 has faster motion processing, not that it matters much...
Its certainly possible it could damage the set or has damaged the set, but you would have noticed something immediate most likely. compressed air evaporates quickly so i doubt it would do much harm even if some of the liquid landed on sensitive innards. If you suspect liquid has made its way into the tv set, do not use it, unplug it, and try your best to make sure its completely dry before you turn it back on. A quick fix would be to put some paper/tape on the back of the...
Looks like they are ripping product images from tigerdirect lol Would not trust this seller, however, only buy if paypal is an option.
I agree with IMRIZZO, this is definitely not normal for Amazon to do (it couldn't have been a third party vendor because Amazon price matched the unit). They are too big for the sort of shenanigans you are claiming they did, if the invoice from your Amazon account says new, you should of received a new unit, if it says used-xcondition then you should of received a used unit, CSR reps in the large items department have no control over warehouses, so if a mistake was made,...
Amazon would be your best bet, they are pretty much the best online retailer to purchase a TV from, free, no hassle returns. Here's a 42inch 1080p LG for $450: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-42LN5300-42-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00BB0ZTO0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367464453&sr=8-3&keywords=42+inch+tv 40 inch samsung 1080p for $470($430 for the 37 inch version):...
I will guess that your grandmother is not much of a videophile, eh? I would suggest looking into cheaper brands such as Westinghouse, RCA or TCL (or one of the other cheaper, non-name-brand names). This will allow for large sizes without busting the bank. For $500, your budget is pretty much in line with name-brand 42 inchers; LG, Vizio, Samsung, and Panasonic all make 40-42 inch tvs for under $500. Picture quality will most likely be similar for the most part. You might...
From my understanding, TV manufacturers use post processing software, and that's why they list these TVs as "clearmotion 480," it's not 480hz, it's 60 or 120hz, the 480 is just their software....doesn't add much if any. My Sony HX850 is listed as having "Motionflow 960".