or Connect

Posts by Rick S5

Since the bar is now done, starting the cabinetry/woodworking for the theater area. Here is the space I'm working with for the TV and front speakers. As I mentioned in a previous post, my space dictated going with in-ceiling rear speakers. Overall the everything fits the space well from a size/form perspective and we're very happy with the sound quality. I'm working on a plan to tie in a cabinet for the audio components, frame the TV and then make it so the fromt...
I have the Monitor Audio 50's for LCR, Monitor Audio Sub and then Monitor Audio In Ceiling speakers. I can't say I am an expert in audio but I compared these to the Triad and Goldenear and liked the sound and the look of the Monitor Audio better than any of the others. I also found a dealer that was excellent to work with and shipped to my house for a very reasonable price since I didn't have a dealer in Raleigh. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. My...
We're remodeling our full basement but here is the before, during and after pics of the bar area. Before: During: After: Full Build thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399811/lake-house-basement-need-fresh-ideas
A couple other comments based on some of the decisions we made during process for building out the bar. We definately needed an ice machine - We ended up choosing a Uline BI98 mainly because I found a used one on craigslist and it would make and store 25lbs of ice / day. We also have the full size fridge with ice maker but it just can not keep up with demand when we have people over or we need ice for the boat cooler. This model also allowed for a custom door insert so...
It's been a while since I've been on this site but our bar is finally done and just a little bit of work left on the full basement remodel. Here is a pic for anyone that wanted to see the final build of the bar. It is quite a transformation to look back and see where we started and then rebuild process we went through along the way. In the end, we love the final product and have already had some great times with friends and family enjoying the new bar at the lake. As...
I have a TCP60U50 available for parts if anyone is interested. Plasma screen broke but all other parts for sale and have less than 50 hours use. Happy to make someone a great deal on all the boards so you'll have them as back-up boards for the future. Contact me if interested
Randy - The set was on when the paddle hit the screen. The screen went blank immediately and the power LED was blinking 7 times. Would a repair shop have a way to test boards prior to me buying a new screen or prior to me selling the set for parts? Rick
I have a 60U50 that has only been used for less that 50 hours. Last weekend a ping pong paddle hit the screen and cracked the internal plasma display. Wondering if anyone knows of a website that sells used parts. I think Panasonic wants over a $1000 for the plasma but I thought there might be a source for someone that fried their electronics and was looking to sell the display. If I can't find one, I'll probably be looking to sell the boards and components from this...
I did get my system installed and wired this week but have not attempted to configure as I upgraded my AVR from the Marantz SR6007 to the SR6008 to allow for a zone two video selection for the set in the theater area and in the bar area. I am going to attempt to configure this system on my own and wonder if anyone has any words of advice or online materials they would suggest following in doing the set-up. The printed manuals that come with the equipment don't seem to...
Thanks for the link JD. Do you work for Denon or D&M? How do you think the X2000 compares with the Marantz 6007? I know the 6007 is last years model but found it for $799 on Amazon and I have heard the set-up/interface and the internal components are better in the Marantz line over the Denon of comparable models. Any truth to that in your opinion? Any reason for the X2000 over the 6007 other than the $150 lower price?