or Connect

Posts by wisccheese

Massive failure, so hopefully can get some ideas here. Two nights ago early into Underworld off DirectTV feed, pic locked but still looked good. Heard sound changing properly and turned off DirectTV feed. When turned it back on, had no picture. Rebooted Benq and still no picture. Do have 30 day old bulb under warranty, but they and I skeptical bulb failed. Did burnoff first few hours when tried bulb, but looked good after that. When start up, keep getting very tiny...
Believe it is DC2 chip with 4x color wheel, 6x on dynamic (brightest but worst colors) . Based on projectorreviews.com screenshots I would argue the w7000 is a more refined pic. Also has the dynamic iris, which while black levels are a weakness and the DI is a bit temperamental, DI does help. The 1070 is however considered a no brainer at its price level, but the W7000 has also crashed in price.Still generally agree, though, if price not issue, may be better choices as...
BTW, I have about 5000 hours on the lamp now, and holy cow this thing is still super bright. If the lamp doesn't explode I can make it to 10,000 maybe given how bright it is. Edited by coderguy - 12/29/13 at 12:22am At 2700 hours using User 2 or 3 which are brighter and shut down with red light for lamp. Rebooted and briefly fine, then shut down again with red light for lamp. Did pull out lamp (pain as one screw out of visual so was tugging before found it, so actually...
Fascinating discussion. Yes, projectorreviews.com warns about relying too much on their screenshots. But high depth sharp image of their Benq W7000 prior to final firmware very similar to what I saw. Do think my dark is lighter but don't have dark walls which hurts. Have improved darkness some with better cables, my Sony player goes darker than Oppo and per coderguy have lowered DI minimum. And if had to do it over again with my smaller screen probably would have gone...
Interesting from both of you on the zd201 and benq 3rd generation. Definitely I see sync as big issue with zd201, but I with prescription glasses find zd201s hurt after half hour or so, so for me difficult for movies. So Benq 3rd gen likely issue for me, too, on comfort based on comments. One frustration I have is zd201s seem to get worse on sync as battery goes down and either I am somehow not turning them off or they burn out batteries fast. My trudepths are nice as...
Am now almost 2200 hours. Have to reset clock like you said. Am surprised you're on eco, as I had been eco and switched to normal due to dimming, but bright now. Maybe have higher gain screen. Good to know about over 3000 hours and that usually doesn't explode, just dims. Definitely seeing change in color so may have to buy calibration.
Not exact sequence for me, but proj always whirs and big delay with flash of lines on screen, but with patience mine goes on own back to 2d, but is weird.
Final comment today. Have zd201's older version and True Depths. zd's less comfy and smaller but clearer than true depths. Haven't noticed crosstalk, but agree with synch issues. Certainly defer to a true 3d aficionado so very interesting that you found the 3rd gen Benq better than newer zd's. Clearly Benq responding to the competition and improving glasses. Don't watch 3d much as I seem to get very tired and feel off the next day. Will be very curious as you keep...
As I have had DI problems, more software as just reset in service menu, surprisingly has seemed more stable ever since I turned BC on. But agree bit much especially now due to older lamp went to User3 setting for brighter. Reason responding does have odd impact in 3d as reverse of what expect. BC on is darker pic, BC off brighter pic.
Although Zombie answered this, just noting that Benq in their odd numbering did decide to not keep the 1.03 designation but went with 1.00 for all the newer ones. It was a huge credit to Zombie and others for detecting the original error which with Benq sharpness even reviewers missed. This was an error appearing common to dlps from other manufacturers as well, but seemed to be first solved by Benq. Sent mine in and all was well, as Zombie noted much sharper then.