or Connect

Posts by vegeta13613

I switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, then repeat until thevideo coming from HDMI 1 stays on. I would say I have this issue maybe sixty percent of the times I turn my receiver on.
Still occasionally happening to me...
I was absolutely loving my v373, until I started getting a problem with dropping of the video signal. I have posted about it here, but have not been able to fix the problem. It might be a handshake issue, from what a few local techs have told me. However, Yamaha has never posted a firmware update for the v373, so it might be impossible to fix. Just the two cents of a newbie.
I have tried turning on the input (HTPC or Xbox) before the receiver and after the receiver is powered on. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Normally this isn't a big issue, as switching inputs a few times can clear it up, but there is the rare case (about two or three times a month) where I have to struggle with it for about 5-15 minutes before getting a picture.
I was unable to duplicate the problem when bypassing the receiver. I would say the problem most likely lies somewhere in the receiver. I have tried changing the receiver settings numerous times in the past to fix the issue, but had no luck. I am at a loss.
I will try this tomorrow after work and post how it goes. However, the problem seems to happen on and off. It could be two or three days of use without seeing the problem. I'll make sure to turn everything on and off a few times to simulate a few days of usage.
The Yamaha is a receiver, the Acer is a projector. The signal goes from the receiver to the projector.
I am having a problem that I would assumes is caused by my Yamaha RX-V373 receiver. The problem is... Whenever I turn on my system, I get about 2 seconds of video pop up on my projector screen, then the screen goes black. If there was audio playing, it still plays. Sometimes switching to a different input and switching back fixes this (or if it isn't happening, it can cause the problem), but usually it just goes black again. Usually, after a handful of tries, the picture...
Thanks for all the great information, airscapes and Laserfan. I think I'll go with a 1500VA UPS and see if it fits my needs. Once again, thanks for the help!
So, I guess that means that a regular PC UPS is fine for a projector. Looking at the specs of the UPS you provided, airscapes, I might be able to squeak by with a slightly more powerful unit. Would this one be sufficient for my projector and PC- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102054